The Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud computing platform is used by millions of businesses and developers around the world, ranging from start-ups to Fortune 50 enterprises. AWS is at the forefront of cloud computing, which is one of the highest impact technology developments in the last 15 years. AWS Marketing is seeking a Senior Product Manager to oversee the tooling and infrastructure roadmap and compliance features the email channel. This Sr Product Manager will define and lead key strategic initiatives to improve the core experience of hundreds of marketing email users; establish, track, and drive organizational goals; and launch new capabilities for stakeholders.
About you: You want to make changes that help millions of customers. You are a product manager with strong technical background, detail driven, have excellent problem-solving abilities, and exemplary communicator both at the executive and project team level. You will be a peer leader, have the ability to gain stakeholder buy-in, negotiate and a track record of delivering great products. Cross-team coordination, project management and an ability to learn and understand new technology are essential. Your operational excellence will influence the team’s decisions, provide insight, and help drive secure and robust solutions.
Key job responsibilities
Define, prioritize and plan the execution of strategic initiatives.
Develop, own and track organizational goals, as defined through Operational Planning (OP) process.
Communicate progress and work with teams with dependent programs. Ensure delivery of assigned organizational goals. Schedule and secure resources and manage cross-functional teams to deliver to these goals.
Establish, refine and implement mechanisms to ensure cross functional alignment and establish clear escalation mechanisms. Identify and manage stakeholder groups, and provide regular business reports to those groups.
Manage relationships with executive stakeholders and provide them with regular business updates.
Act as a knowledgeable resource, sharing best practices in project management and program management.
About the team
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
· Bachelor’s degree or higher; work experience may be substituted
· 5+ years of technical product management experience
· Must have experience managing a team
· Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior leaders, across functions including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
· Graduate degree in a relevant field
· 7+ years of relevant experience
· PMP or Project Management Certification
· Proficiency in cloud computing platforms
· Prior experience working in Marketing Organizations, especially supporting performance marketing, digital marketing, and/or marketing channel management initiatives
· Demonstrated skill to use data and metrics to back up hypotheses and anecdote to develop business cases
· Demonstrated ability to dive deep in understanding customer needs and delivering an effective and engaging web experience.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.