Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Key job responsibilities
You will be working on developing new CV algorithms to improve deep learning models including reducing the sample complexity, improving generalization ability, boost model robustness, etc. You will be a critical science contributor and can create a significant business impact to the company. This opportunity requires excellent technical, problem-solving, and communication skills. An ideal candidate will have a high teamwork mentality coupled with a strong bias for action yet always insisting on the highest standards.
A day in the life
In this role, you will work closely with other researchers in the team to research, design, and deliver science components powering computer vision and active learning algorithms to cost-effectively create very large-scale training datasets for various compute vision/robotics applications. You will have the unique opportunity to work on multiple popular Computer Vision tasks altogether, therefore, embrace the great potential to innovate more
About the team
We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting-edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet. The team is using computer vision, machine learning, sensor fusion, real-time and distributed systems to convert requirements into concrete deliverables. A Researcher on this team will translate business and functional requirements into working code. Comfort with a high degree of ambiguity and ability to solve problems that haven’t been solved to scale before are essential.
- PhD or equivalent Master's Degree plus 4+ years of experience in CS, CE, ML or related field
- 2+ years of experience of building machine learning models for business application
- Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
- PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field focus on machine learning and computer vision research.
- Experience in state-of-the-art deep learning models architecture design and deep learning training and optimization and model pruning.
- Proven track record of innovation in creating novel algorithms and advancing the state of the art
- Experience investigating, designing, prototyping, and delivering new and innovative system solutions - Linux platform experience
- Extensive experience applying theoretical models in an applied environment.
- Strong demonstrated skills implementing and deploying large scale machine learning applications and tools.
- Strong personal interest in learning, researching, and creating new technologies with high commercial impact.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to communicate effectively to both technical and nontechnical audiences
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.