At Amazon, we obsess over our customers and maintaining their trust. To earn that trust in an environment as vast and varied as Amazon’s requires the applied skills of experienced and innovative Technical Program Managers to tackle challenges at Amazon scale.
We are seeking an exceptional Senior Technical Program Manager to join the Amazon Dedicated Security Team (DST). We are looking for an individual that can lead technical initiatives, build and maintain strategic relationships with internal and external partners, define and implement repeatable processes and deliver results against Amazon's dynamic security landscape. If you’re passionate about solving security problems at scale and want to join a fast-paced organization with global impact on millions of customers, then we’d like to talk to you.
As a Senior Technical Program Manager, you will be responsible for identifying, scoping, and delivering end to end projects. You will be comfortable working across time zones and through ambiguity. You thrive through building consensus and driving teams towards results. You will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints. An ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces to deliver them in a successful and timely manner. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent and leadership are essential to success in this role.
Ideal candidate must be able to understand the different security needs across security domains, dive deep to learn the nuances of the security needs for a business unit, create a mechanism to measure the security posture of each business unit they support, and progress the metrics program to meet the business needs. The candidate must be able to work with different teams within DST, the larger InfoSec organization at Amazon, and different business units DST supports.
Key job responsibilities
- Learn the business operation and security needs of the different business units DST will be supporting.
- Understand the security tools and services used by DST teams to meet the security needs of the businesses.
- Develop programs and lead initiatives aimed at identifying and eliminating security risks for Amazon and its subsidiaries.
- Manage security initiatives through the subsidiary life cycle and drive activities including coordination of detailed functional plans, communication with key stakeholders, issue resolution, and reporting metrics / KPIs. Create awareness of cross-functional inter-dependencies and establish prioritization for plan execution to minimize disruption on daily operations.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively at multiple levels of management and engineering, building trust across the organization, and demonstrating discretion with sensitive information.
- Build relationships and trust with subsidiary points of contact and business leaders.
- Show ownership and leadership skills in coordinating projects across multiple teams, driving them to successful conclusion while building strong, lasting relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Lead ambiguous and undefined problems to resolution in the face of uncertainty.
- Create repeatable processes for tracking risk, subsidiary information, on-going engagement, and reporting.
• Experience in communicating with multiple levels of leadership involving both business and technical sides of the organization.
• Experience identifying, analyzing, and solving ambiguous problems independently with an extreme attention to detail.
• Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver projects with multiple dependencies and constraints.
• Experience building and evaluating system-level technical design.
• Experience developing and driving product and technical roadmaps.
• Experience defining projects, identifying risks, managing cost, coordinating scope, identifying dependencies, and running agile practices.
• Understanding of core information security principles and associated risk management principles.
• Experience with cross-organizational collaboration and negotiation.
• Experience with large enterprise environments.
• Familiarity with web services, multi-tiered systems, complex architectures, workflow modeling and enterprise application integration.
• Experience working with teams across multiple locations and timezones.
• An intrapreneurial spirit with the ability to drive innovation independently.
• Analytical and quantitative skills; experience using data and metrics to test theories, confirm assumptions, and measure success.
• Knowledge of professional security program management and security engineering best practices.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.