Grab the reins of brand enforcement at Amazon. As an attorney on our IP team, you’ll be a trademark subject matter expert supporting a multi-faceted approach to global brand enforcement, notice and takedown, anti-counterfeiting, selling partner support and buyer experience and developing and implementing intellectual property protection policies. You will interact directly with cross-functional global legal and business teams within Amazon to help develop and manage new solutions for risk assessments and protection of internal and third-party brands, trademarks, copyrights and related intellectual property, as well as educating and coaching clients. You’ll join a team of experienced and dynamic IP professionals responsible for trademark, copyright, and trade dress issues globally. Compensation based on experience and includes equity compensation.
This position can sit in Seattle (HQ), Arlington, VA (HQ2), Los Angeles Area or SF Bay Area.
- A law degree and membership in good standing in at least one state bar or foreign equivalent
- 5+ years of IP-related legal experience
- Experience managing prosecution and enforcement for a trademark portfolio consisting of domestic and foreign marks
- Experience with managing international global disputes, including negotiations to resolve 3P trademark disputes
- Experience leading intellectual property investigations
- Creativity, attention to detail, commitment to customer service, and excellent communication skills
- Ability to understand and resolve complex legal and business issues
- Ability to effectively translate IP issues to members of the creative, technology, business, management and legal teams
- Online and digital brand protection experience
- Expert-level knowledge of trademark and copyright issues, opportunities and best practices for enforcement in online and physical channels
- Ability to be responsible for all trademark, copyright and intellectual property-related activities for business segments, including training, branding, risk assessment, prosecution, maintenance and enforcement, in a fast-paced, frugal environment
- Fluent in international legal IP policy issues, or involvement in policy organizations (INTA, MARQUES, AIPLA, etc.)
- Experience litigating trademark matters in civil court and before the TTAB
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.