At Amazon, Security is our highest priority. The Security team is responsible for the security of services offered by AWS. The Secure all the Things (SAT2) team is responsible for driving innovative enhancements that raise the bar for how employees interact with resources, systems, and data. At scale, we must invent new security tools to enable system administrators and developers to build rapidly, while maintaining least privileged access.
The successful candidate is one who loves working with engineering and business teams across an entire organization to understand their needs, work with data professionals to emphasize quality in their deliverables and build automated testing frameworks to make them more productive. You will be highly impactful with their overall Quality influence for the organization. You must be innovative, flexible, self-directed, and able to test and automate at the same time. You are passionate about the data and you want to solve real business problems.
As a SDET, you will provide technical leadership, build Quality Assurance end-to-end framework and implementation of data quality assurance solutions that are scalable, stable, secure, and cost-effective. You strive for simplicity, demonstrate creativity and sound judgement. You should have extensive experience working with extremely large datasets. Successful candidate must be innovative, flexible, self-directed, and able to test and automate at the same time.
In this role, you have the opportunity to:
• Own the automation architecture
• Be heavily involved in Big Data testing
• Develop automation code, scripts, utilities, data generators, API testing solutions and other programmatic test tools.
• Create test plans and test strategies.
• Document and communicate testing activities and findings.
• Execute and create load and performance tests solutions.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related technical discipline.
· 8+ years of software quality assurance engineering experience
· 5+ years of experience as QA on Data Warehouses and/or Data Lakes.
· Strong in developing test strategies, test plan and test cases.
· Triage defects with Development and Product teams.
· Knowledge of QA methodology and industry-standard testing and bug tracking tools
· Experience with CI/CD pipelines
· Solid Computer Science fundamentals in objected oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, and complexity analysis.
· Debugging/troubleshooting experience on performance and stability tools
· Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem-solving skills
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
· Experience working with AWS services and technologies (or equivalent: Azure, Google Cloud)
· Experience working with AWS big data technologies (EMR, Redshift, S3, Glue, Kinesis and Lambda) or equivalent industry tools.
· Experience on working with different SQL/NOSQL databases.
· Familiarity with Containers (Kubernetes, Docker, AWS ECS/Fargate/EKS etc.)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.