We are looking for a Senior UX Designer that will continually invent and simplify for our customers at nearly every point of their online shopping journeys. From browsing and discovery, to product evaluation and finding the right size and fit, all the way to receiving boxes of the highest quality, established and emerging fashion brands, at their front doors. As a UXD at Shopbop, you will have the opportunity to own UX initiatives from start to finish, designing with the rigor and customer obsession expected of high performing Amazon teams, but with the scope and unique breadth of challenges that only an e-commerce subsidiary can provide. Partnering closely with Product Managers to help assess, optimize, and define performance metrics for both new and existing features and set roadmap priorities. Get close to our customers by conducting user research and usability studies, sharing your findings and customer insights and how they influence your design decisions, with the Shopbop Leadership, acting as a customer advocate in every meeting.
Key job responsibilities
You will have direct impact and ownership of the end-to-end experience for projects spanning the Shopbop mobile app and responsive website. You’ll create customer experiences that are fit for luxury brands and eliminate our customer’s biggest barriers to purchasing designer clothing, shoes, and accessories online. You’ll work closely with product managers, developers, customer service, and stakeholders as you lead the definition, design, and delivery of large scale, complex, and ambiguous initiatives. You will plan, lead, and support the successful execution of luxury shopping experiences by facilitating cross-team communication, presenting to stakeholders and leadership, and overseeing the quality of in-progress development through to final launch and beyond. As the ideal candidate you are a mobile first design thinker who sees around corners to create a cohesive vision across our mobile app and web experiences to deliver a unified customer experience. You see patterns and connect dots that identify opportunities for systemic enhancements. You are a self-starter who thrives on ambiguity and is comfortable wearing many hats and are able to adapt to new information and develop solutions to the customer experience iteratively, for fast and incremental deliveries to our customer, but with direction towards a future vision.
About the team
Shopbop is the global online fashion destination for style inspiration and discovery, offering customers all over the world a comprehensive, hand-picked selection of ready-to-wear apparel and accessories from over 1,000 established and emerging designers. Shopbop provides world-class customer service, fast, free global shipping worldwide and free returns in the U.S. and Canada. Shopbop is driven to be the daily destination inspiring fashion worldwide, merging a comprehensive brand list and strong editorial perspective with an easy-to-shop, sure-to-delight user experience. Shopbop is a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc, and globally recognized and trusted fashion retailer selling only quality, authentic contemporary and designer merchandise.
• 7+ years professional experience as a UX designer, interaction designer, product designer, or related discipline
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Design, or a related field, or commensurate industry experience
• Portfolio of work demonstrating ability to create customer experiences across a range of touch-points as well as proficiency in UI and interaction design
• Knowledge and experience with responsive design, mobile UX, and iOS app development nuances that impact design decisions and customer experience
• Proficiency in design software such as Figma, Sketch, and prototyping tools.
• Experience working cross-functionally and synthesizing feedback and input from leadership, product management, engineering, and research
• Ability to work across organizational boundaries and manage ambiguity to define, manage, and prioritize work
• Experience presenting to and advising senior management; able to comfortably and confidently present to all levels within the organization in both written and verbal communication
• Experience writing UX copy for your designs
• Past experience in designing for fashion services or style-based brands or companies
• Retail/e-commerce design experience in a global/international context
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.