Amazon is looking for talented Postdoctoral Scientists to join our Alexa AI team for a one-year, full-time research position. Amazon’s Alexa AI team focuses on technology incubation to empower satisfactory Alexa user experience. Our mission is to enable self-learning capability of Alexa with an automatic framework to collect, process and refine customer feedback. The Alexa team is focused on building world-class conversational AI capabilities that are broadly accessible. We do this by advancing general AI to develop state-of-the-art trustworthy and multimodal learning.
Please note: This posting is one of several Amazon Postdoctoral Scientist postings. Please only apply to a maximum of 2 Amazon Postdoctoral Scientist postings that are relevant to your technical field and subject matter expertise.
Key job responsibilities
* Postdoctoral Scientists will innovate in key areas for the Alexa team, including but not limited to: establishing novel methods for parallel decoding for transformer models, improving device ability to perform complex tasks, influencing A/B testing methods, and advancing fairness algorithms,
* Work closely with a senior science advisor, collaborate with other scientists and engineers, and be part of Amazon’s vibrant and diverse global science community.
* Publish your innovation in top-tier academic venues and hone your presentation skills.
* Be inspired by challenges and opportunities to invent cutting-edge techniques in your area(s) of expertise.
* PhD in a relevant field, received within 2 years of starting the program
* Proven publication record in Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning, Computer Science, or other related technical fields
* Experience in data science and quantitative research
* Proficiency in technologies relevant to the subfield
* Ability to independently deliver results in a fast-paced environment
* Publications at top-tier, peer-reviewed conferences and/or journals
* Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
* Expert knowledge in modeling and performance, operationalization, and scalability of scientific techniques and establishing decision strategies
Required application materials:
* CV, which lists all peer-reviewed publications/conferences and previous awards/grants received,
* Research statement that outlines your research achievements and future research interests, and
* A journal article or book chapter that demonstrates your domain expertise.
This role will be supporting a global business unit and could support from a few different locations.
This role could potentially be located in the below areas:
* San Francisco, CA
* Los Angeles, CA
* Boston, MA
* Seattle, WA
* London, England
* Berlin, Germany
* Munich, Germany
* Haifa, Israel
* Tel Aviv, Israel
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page)to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction record.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.