Ring is seeking a hard working, self-motivated and creative communications professional to join our communications team, focused on Germany. The PR Manager, Germany, will be responsible for delivering a local PR strategy, while supporting Ring’s owned and earned channels in Germany.
This position can be located in Berlin or Munich, Germany, or Amsterdam, Netherlands.
The right candidate will be a passionate PR professional with excellent media relations skills, who is willing and able to roll up their sleeves and get things done, taking a proactive approach to local communications. The person in this role will be empowered to create programs that not only solve business challenges but also capture media and customer attention. The ideal candidate is able to work autonomously, as well as across teams and with agencies, has a proven track record planning and executing media campaigns informed by data that drive measurable results, and will demonstrate strong judgement and attention to detail.
To be successful in this role, the PR Manager will have a strong storytelling ability, a high level of strategic thinking, and experience in adapting communications to suit relevant audiences across earned and owned channels. They'll display leadership and ownership in fast-moving situations and become a trusted partner with a number of internal teams. They will also demonstrate exemplary writing ability, strong initiative, and a talent for seeking out stories waiting to be told.
Key job responsibilities
• Develop, deliver and execute regional PR plans to fully support communications in Germany
• Maintain a strong, current understanding of the German media landscape
• Develop and strengthen relationships with key media in technology, business, consumer lifestyle and national press
• Execute day-to-day communications strategies and campaigns, including ongoing news generation, profiling of executives and key opinion leader programs, and creative consumer campaigns
• Creatively and strategically deliver major news announcements ensuring strong key message penetration and maximum impact
• Align and integrate plans with marketing, social, AR, legal and other business and brand stakeholders
• Brief and manage external public relations agencies for successful execution and analysis of communications activity
• Write/develop and manage approvals for a variety of media materials, briefing materials, assets and owned content
• 7+ years of relevant technology and/or consumer PR experience either in-house or at an agency
• Native-level written and spoken German and English language skills; additional languages a plus
• Experience managing media relationships and collaborating with external agencies / stakeholders
• Experience working closely with cross-functional teams (e.g. legal, public policy, marketing)
• Experience navigating and working with traditional and non-traditional PR channels, including social media channels
• Network of technology and consumer media contacts and a deep understanding of what resonates with them
• Thrives in a collaborative environment and is willing to roll up their sleeves to get the job done
• Strategic and creative - ensures that PR activity delivers against business objectives and articulates key messages while being inspiring and engaging
• A strong bias for action and ability to work equally well with communications teams, executive management and external stakeholders
• Think and communicate clearly – formulate a clear point of view on complicated issues and create a concise and well-written narrative to express it
Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighbourhoods safer. From the video doorbell to the DIY Ring Alarm system, Ring’s smart home security product line offers users affordable whole-home and neighbourhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighbourhood security accessible and effective for everyone – while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.