Amazon is looking for a Policy Communications Manager (f/m) to support its business in France. We are looking for a Communications Specialist who will thrive in a fast-paced environment with a high number of diverse campaigns. This role requires a high-judgment, self-motivated, and creative communications professional. The Policy Communications Manager will be responsible for rolling out campaigns to support our French policy objectives and be the lead team member of the French media relations team.
This role would be based in Paris.
Working closely with other members of the corporate PR and public policy teams, the successful candidate will devise and implement strategies to protect and enhance Amazon's reputation. This individual will have the ability to work fast and have extensive experience in dealing with policy campaigns and a strong knowledge of French public affairs. Media Relations experience will also be essential.
The successful candidate (f/m) will benefit from a highly competitive salary and benefits package.
Key job responsibilities
Key tasks will include:
· Developing proactive campaigns in support of Amazon’s French policy communications goals
· Executing on these programs in close collaboration with internal teams, notably in Paris.
· Develop messaging and speaking points for external communications opportunities.
· Effectively representing Amazon as a spokesperson
· Build excellent relationships with the public affairs community
· Align with the EU and the US PR and PP teams to ensure company-wide policy communications
· Create and maintain both reactive and proactive communication materials
· Experience in media relations, either through PR roles or direct media experience as a journalist
· Strong understanding of European public affairs and media landscape
· Several years of experience working developing public affairs campaigns
· Commitment and dedication to driving team goals
· Enjoy working with international business and PR teams
· Able to thrive in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
· Able to multitask and prioritize own workload
· Able to communicate effectively with internal stakeholder teams and efficiently manage and solve any challenges that arise
· Pay painstaking attention to important details
· Roll up sleeves and get work done, even when at times it’s outside the scope of the job
· Develop creative, effective approaches to difficult communications challenges
· Work hard and smart
· Exercise high judgment, particularly in narrow time frames
· Excellent communication skills (oral and writing)
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.