Amazon Commercial Graduate Intern Program
At Amazon, we are working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Amazon is continually evolving and is a place where motivated employees thrive and also where employee ownership and accountability lead to meaningful results.
The Amazon EU Student Programs Team is looking for ambitious students to join us as a commercial intern, working in one of our core businesses, including Amazon Business, retail, Amazon advertising, amazon vendor services, merchant services, Prime Video, Prime Now, and Amazon Fresh. Each role comes with a variety of tasks and several of the key tasks are outlined below.
Amazon Business is building the largest and most innovative Business-to-Business (B2B) marketplace in the world. As an intern, you will be responsible for supporting the Amazon Business team to foster digitization of the B2B industry and optimize procurement for startups, large enterprises, and global players.
Job responsibilities include:
· Owning customer relationships by understanding industry themes, customer priorities, and AB positioning
· Supporting strategic projects aiming at digitizing the procurement landscape
· Working closely with marketing, merchandising, business development, customer service and other key internal Amazon stakeholders
Amazon retail teams work to help improve the selection and shopping experience for customers across our product categories, from books to fashion, electronics to grocery, movies and music to toys and health & beauty, and everything in between. As a retail intern in one of those categories, you will learn how Amazon handles its e-commerce retail business. Working alongside a vendor manager to help provide a suite of services designed to support Amazon's most strategic brands within one of our retail categories. Your priority will be to work backwards from the customer, identifying inputs to grow brands and improve their performance.
Job responsibilities include:
· Develop the analytical and problem-solving skills that our people are known for
· Support vendor managers as well as Amazonians in other functions, such as in-stock and marketing
Amazon advertising sits at the intersection of advertising and e-commerce. Customers visit us every day to find, discover, and buy products, so we’re obsessed with making the shopping experience the best it can be – and advertising is a part of that experience. As an intern, you’ll gain a deep understanding of Amazon's display advertising products as well as our technical and operational capabilities. You’ll learn when and how we can create custom opportunities, and you’ll help our account managers create compelling presentations to delight our clients.
Amazon Seller Services covers all third party merchants’ activity related to selling on Amazon as well as the specific services and products we offer to help develop and grow these sellers. As an intern, you will be responsible for helping our account managers to deliver new business growth across Amazon’s third party merchants.
Job Responsibilities Include:
· Build an understanding of customer pain points, requirements, and potential value that can be delivered by advertising or merchant services
· Identify target accounts using market data and industry intelligence
· Learn the advertising or merchant services portfolio and the Amazon culture
· Identify opportunities to improve our products, services, processes, systems, and tools
· Work with different parts of the Amazon business to implement improvement projects, including working with category teams, product teams, and technical support teams
- Currently enrolled in or will receive a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree with a graduation date between May 2021 and September 2022
- Fluent written and verbal communication in English and German
- Excellent communications and presentation skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Results-driven focus with analytical capability
- Ability to innovate and simplify current processes and practices
- Strong direct sales skills and a proven track record of performance
- Experience working with clients
- High affinity towards data and technology with ability to dive deep and analyze opportunities and processes
Selected candidates will be invited to attend a virtual interview consisting of a combination of interviews and case studies. This selection process is subject to change but you will be notified if any changes are made.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
EMEA Student Programs Team
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.