At Amazon, we are working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Amazon is continually evolving and is a place where motivated employees thrive and also where employee ownership and accountability lead to meaningful results.
The Amazon EU Student Programs Team is looking for ambitious graduates to join our Retail Vendor Recruitment team in Munich as a Vendor Manager.
Retail Vendor Recruitment (RVR)
As part of the Retail organization, the Vendor Manager evaluates, recruits, and on-boards new vendor partners for our EU Amazon platforms. Targeting the most relevant brands/products for our customers, you will aim at recruiting new vendors, making their selection available on the website, and drive their growth through joint planning of marketing and advertising on Amazon. In close coordination with Retail teams, you will drive new vendors through all the on-boarding phases and their first units shipped up to a long term successful cooperation. Key responsibilities include:
- Identify, prospect and reach out to new vendors, analyze their potential for Amazon. You will lead first steps, by contacting potential partners or attending commercial events and trade fairs, and confidently explaining advantages and benefits of partnering with Amazon.
- Lead negotiations for commercial terms, pricing, and logistics setup
- Be a business consultant to new vendors and provide insights and advice for them, being able to deal with different business profiles and sectors. Help new vendors to integrate their catalogue data into Amazon platform, master Amazon’s internal tools and train vendors on how to use these tools.
- Plan, negotiate, create, and measure the performance of various advertising tools and deal events like Prime Day and Black Friday
- Partners, trends, and challenges are constantly changing in e-commerce. Take responsibility in a project team and thus promote the success of Amazon and its partners, through e.g. helping to develop and improve recruiting and on-boarding processes, assist in removing any technical blockers, and identifying technical improvement areas.
As a new graduate you will be provided with all the relevant training when joining your team. You will drive your own learning and development with guidance and coaching from your manager, buddy and colleagues. Nevertheless, you work independently and drive your own success. Not to mention the excellent long-term development prospects you’d expect from one of the world’s leading online businesses.
- In final year of study for Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, or graduated in the last 12 months
- Fluent written and verbal English, German language skills
- Studies within Engineering, Commerce, Business administration or similar field
- Knowledge in MS Office programs as Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Analytical skills
- Planning, prioritization and time-management skills
- Ability to communicate efficiently
- Strong attention to detail
- Hands-on mentality: You should not be afraid to pick up the phone and call a prospect or potential partner.
- Experience in financial analysis, retail buying, retail planning & allocation, product/project management, marketing, consulting, negotiation or supply chain is a plus
- Experience using analytical specific tools such as Google Analytics, SQL or HTML is a plus
EMEA Student Programs Team
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.