Today, Amazon Web Services provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world. The AWS Cloud infrastructure is built around Regions and Availability Zones (AZs). AWS Regions provide multiple, physically separated and isolated Availability Zones. These Availability Zones offer AWS customers an easier and more effective way to design and operate applications and databases, making them more highly available, fault tolerant, and scalable than traditional single datacenter infrastructures or multi-datacenter infrastructures. How would you like to come be part of the team that builds out that low latency, high throughput, and highly redundant network?
Amazon Web Services is looking for a highly motivated, technically savvy Technical Program Manager to help develop and scale one of the world’s largest and most complex networks. We develop new and innovative ways to scale and expand our network, while delivering operational excellence to our stakeholders. This opportunity sits within our Transport Solutions organization where the team is responsible for planning, developing and acquiring the network solutions that drive Amazon’s internal infrastructure as well as connecting Amazon to the rest of the world. The Technical Program Manager will be familiar with supply chain, logistics, forecasting, experienced with vendor management and warehouse facilities management..
This role requires collaboration, driving strategic and tactical initiatives, creating and managing delivery programs and creating detailed reporting for consumption by our internal customers. This individual will actively create reporting mechanisms for use by peers and drive best practice when it comes to program management.
• Serve as a key member of team helping to drive overall Metro Telecom Materials Acquisition strategy.
• Define, Create and standardize reporting mechanisms for the group.
• Own building the program to build tools and reporting mechanisms.
• Periodically report on the overall Telcom Materials program status across team
• Manage and track approved Telecom Materials demand with internal customers and stakeholders such as technical business developers and deployment engineers and manage field support through out the installation process
• Provide regular progress updates on strategic network plans to leadership and stakeholders.
• In collaboration with finance, report on budgets that support short term and long term strategic network plans.
• Manage multiple competing cross-functional projects/programs simultaneously, some on a global scale.
• Interact with engineers, technicians, project managers and senior management on a daily basis
• Run meetings, create and maintain timelines, and keep large, diverse groups informed of progress and obstacles.
• Anticipate bottlenecks, manage risk and escalations, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints.
• Bachelor's Degree in an IT, Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
• 2+ years of experience program managing network development or implementation an ISP, telecoms operator, or CDN.
• 5+ years product sourcing in telecommunications industry or experience in a similar infrastructure industry that requires delivering products for time sensitive projects.
• Experience working at a large network operator, OTT or Internet Service Provider.
• Prince2/PMP certifications.
• Agile/Scrum certifications.
• Ability to anticipate customer requirements and build strategic plans.
• Demonstrated understanding of global fiber networks and fiber construction
• Experience interacting with senior executives and other management within your own company and externally; and working across commercial, technical, domestic, and international arms of an organization
• Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations while prioritizing competing demands to deliver on time for our customers.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.