Good storytelling starts with great listening. At Audible, that means each role and every project has our audience in mind. Because the same people who design, develop, and deploy our products also happen to use them. To us, that speaks volumes.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Our Visual Design Managers ensure that the Audible experience looks as beautiful as it sounds. As we develop our understanding of the way listeners interact with us, we also need to evolve our creative material to reflect that insight. Across a wide range of marketing touchpoints, you’ll help craft the development of the Audible brand and original content programme across the EU, bringing together your design skills, attention to detail, and passion for the projects you’re working on to continuously take yourself and the Audible experience to the next level.
This role is open through a 7-months contract.
As a Visual Design Manager EU (m/f/x), you will...
- Implement design and copy guidelines across all creative material and marketing touchpoints.
- Review and provide creative feedback and guidance on material produced by external agencies and freelance contributors.
- Collaborate across the organization to drive up standards of creativity.
- Work closely with the creative team to refine internal workflows and streamline creative processes across departments and EU marketplaces.
- Work closely with the creative team to develop templates and support with the execution of ad hoc and time sensitive campaigns and promotions for several marketing media touchpoints: on-site experiences, in-app assets, creative material for emails and newsletters, display banners, and more.
- Solve problems creatively and efficiently. Distill complex business problems into intelligent design solutions, and rationalize your strategic thinking to stakeholders.
- Communicate your ideas through sketches, mock-ups and storyboards, producing iterative designs for every surface across Audible and Amazon ecosystems.
- Scope timing and the level of effort involved in design projects, with a view to delivering assets on time.
- Degree in Graphic Design or commensurate experience.
- 5+ years of experience in the role of Graphic Designer in traditional and interactive areas.
- Outstanding portfolio, especially in the areas of advertising, marketing campaigns and corporate collateral.
- Experience designing campaign assets for implementation on desktop and mobile surfaces.
- Experience or ability to collaborate with external production agencies and freelancers.
- Expert knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch.
- Working knowledge of video production software such as After Effects.
- Fluency in English (written and spoken).
- Comfortable collaborating with and providing feedback to creative agencies to ensure the highest quality of work gets delivered.
- Demonstrated ability to create work that grows and changes over time to meet new needs or growth with a single client or within a corporation.
- Display strong knowledge and use of customer flows and journeys.
- Able to create forward-thinking concepts across traditional and interactive media while maintaining corporate branding standards.
- Strong organizational and communication skills, an acute attention to detail and deadline focused.
- Knowledge of Figma.
- Experience collaborating with a copywriter to build compelling marketing campaigns and design concepts, based on a defined brief.
- Knowledge or familiarity with any of the primary languages from the four existing EU marketplaces: German, Italian, French, Spanish.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading creator and provider of premium audio storytelling, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of ethnic origin, gender, religion or belief, disability, age, sexual identity, or any other legally protected status. We therefore ask you to exclude unnecessary information, such as a photo, date or place of birth, gender identification, family and marital status, nationality, religion etc. from your CV or resume. Thank you for doing your part to create equal opportunities for everyone.