Do you love creating elegant, intuitive and informative experiences that empower people worldwide?
The AWS Documentation team is looking for a Sr. UX Designer who takes a user-centered approach to define design direction and craft experiences that re-imagine how customers discover, use, and learn about AWS. Each day, hundreds of thousands customers visit AWS Documentation to innovate and build on AWS. From helping these customers understand cloud concepts with interactive and visual experiences to taking an editorial and educational approach to help customers learn, we are working hard to make AWS Documentation more accessible, modern, and easier to use. You will have a significant impact for our customers as you create experiences that scale across 200+ services in 11 languages (and growing).
The ideal candidate is passionate about great content experiences and is future-thinking about how we evolve content experiences for the technical community. You have strong information architecture skills, a keen eye for typography and visual detail, and understand the power of nuanced customer moments. You enjoy working in cross-disciplinary teams with writers, engineers, researchers, and product managers and seek outside perspectives to improve and evolve your designs.
About the team
*What we offer*
You will be part of a multidisciplinary team of designers, researchers, and design technologists who seek to transform the AWS cloud into an everyday tool for communication and collaboration through a human-centered design process. You will be a strong voice in defining and choosing projects where you think research can have most impact.
*Inclusive Team Culture*
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
*Mentorship & Career Growth*
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- 6+ years of design experience
- An available online portfolio
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Experience designing and prototyping with tools such as Figma, Sketch, InVision, Photoshop, or similar.
- Experience in best practices for information architecture and design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques.
- Strong verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Experience with content-focused experiences like editorial (magazines, newspapers, books) or instructional design.
- Strong attention to detail and copywriting
- Demonstrated history of acquiring and integrating customer insights (e.g., usability studies, interviews, metrics) into design process and creating personas and journey maps to inform experience designs
- Proven ability to work across teams and collaborate across product management, engineering, content managers, writers, and stakeholders.
- Experience working directly with developers for implementation and quality assurance of design intent.
- Proficiency and strengths in areas of interaction and visual design
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.