Amazon is seeking an experienced investment professional who will be responsible for deal sourcing, due diligence, and investment execution as part of Amazon’s Climate Pledge Fund. The manager will create investment term sheets, manage investment negotiations, and draft investment documents summarizing the business rationale and key due diligence findings. While primarily an investment role, the position will also involve elements of Business Development, Product Management, and Program Management, including helping portfolio companies leverage the resources of Amazon to accelerate their growth.
This position is based in Seattle.
The investment manager will focus on venture capital and growth-stage companies that can positively contribute to addressing Amazon’s Climate Pledge commitment. Candidates should demonstrate aptitude for industry research, deal origination, valuation analysis, investment structuring and relationship building as evidenced by prior professional experience in investment banking, transaction advisory or principal investing in the renewable energy and cleantech sector.
Success will be measured by the candidate’s ability to manage complexity, earn trust with other Amazon teams and organizations, and deliver results in the form of investments that can contribute to lowering Amazon’s operational climate emissions.
Key job responsibilities
- Interact with entrepreneurs, investors, and investment bankers to generate and manage organic deal pipeline
- Interact with Amazon organizations and internal business leaders to evaluate and inform internal perspectives on climate and sustainability-related investments
- Act as a subject matter expert on both deal structuring and sustainable technologies
- Assess opportunities and risks in potential investments
- Lead due diligence and transaction execution
- Collaborate with internal Amazon teams to identify emerging use-cases, spread the word about portfolio company offerings, and align roadmaps
About the team
The Climate Pledge Fund is a corporate venture capital fund that invests in visionary companies whose products and solutions will facilitate the transition to a low-carbon economy and accelerate Amazon’s path to becoming net zero carbon by 2040.
- 5+ years of experience developing, leading, negotiating and executing corporate and/or business transactions
- 5+ years of professional work experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, or related field
- Prior role in venture capital, private equity, corporate development or investment banking
- Direct investment experience within sustainability, cleantech and climate-tech sectors
- Ability to successfully execute private placements of equity and/or debt securities
- Oral and written communication skills effective at influencing a range of teams and executive leaders across multiple businesses
- 5+ years of experience in corporate development or as an investment banker, transaction advisor or principal investor in a financial services environment
- Experience in business development or product management engaging with venture and growth-stage companies
- Bias for action and ability to work independently toward stated goals with minimal oversight
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.