The Global Quality for Devices team focuses on expanding devices' capabilities on a global scale. We take on the unique challenge of understanding the nuances of how devices can serve customers’ needs in different cultures and locations. If you are interested in shaping the future of devices for customers around the world, come and join our team.
QA Engineers test code at the user level, both manually and with automated tools. Our QA Engineers use black box, gray box, and white box testing techniques; they are able to understand software internals, debug problems using log files, and write automated tests and/or user-level test automation tools.
QA Engineers work with Software Development Engineers to understand features and technical implementation.
QA Engineers also work with groups such as Product Management, User Experience Design, and Customer Support to understand customer usage models and develop test plans and test suites that approximate real-world environments and regression tests.
QA Engineers are also responsible for driving the software development process toward quality-centric methodologies.
Key job responsibilities
- Develop and execute automated tests and test plans
- Efficiently execute test cases across all functional areas of our products
- Review product user interface for conformity to design guidelines
- Finding, isolate, document, regress, and track bugs through resolution
- Interpret and report testing results, and be a vocal proponent for quality in every phase of the development process
- Work with Software Development Engineers to understand the overall technical architecture and how each feature is implemented
- Ensure the highest quality product delivery, working with a team of quality engineering professionals
- Evaluate product functionality and create test strategies and test cases to assess product quality.
- Evaluating and integrate open source and in house developed toolsets
- (Mandatory) Verbal and written fluency in Dutch - native or bilingual proficiency
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Software QA testing experience
- Experience in a test or development role as part of a product development organization which has delivered consumer oriented products
- Demonstrated experience in testing methodologies, experience with standard QA and development tools
- Software QA automation experience working with one or more of the following technologies: PHP, CSS, HTML, Java, Java Script, Python, PERL.
- Demonstrated experience creating status reports based on automation results
- Experienced in interacting and coordinating test activities among multiple teams.
- Experience working on an Agile environment (e.g. Scrum, Kanban)
- Experience with professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience working closely with development and business teams to communicate problem impacts and to understand business requirements.
- Experience improving product test coverage and effectiveness
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to generate and communicate meaningful development metrics
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.