As part of the AWS Applications group, we’re building a new and exciting category of products from the ground-up at a global scale.
This is a unique opportunity to work on a startup team within AWS to build something from scratch, and has tremendous opportunity for career growth.
Joining the team gives you the opportunity to:
• Take an ownership role to define, design and build new products
• Partner with a team of nimble and talented UX designers as well as seasoned product managers and software developers
• Have direct impact on hundreds of thousands of users of AWS services
• Work with advanced technologies like AI/ML, Blockchain and IoT to tackle real world problems
***Open to the following US locations: Atlanta, Miami, Austin and Seattle***
Key job responsibilities
We are looking for a Senior UX Designer to help define and build a new family of products. Starting with user research and experience exploration, you will drive digital product design and partner with the product and tech teams to evolve UX concepts into working prototypes and launch-able products.
• Lead the design of useful, usable, and desirable products in a team environment.
• Understand customers and their needs through market analysis, customer research, and feedback.
• Use business requirements to assist in developing use cases and high-level requirements.
• Design the architecture, interface, and interaction flow of services and experiences.
• Develop personas, customer journey maps, conceptual diagrams, wireframes, and prototypes.
• Facilitate the design process, present and iterate design solutions.
• Chart a course for yourself in ambiguous situations.
• Mentor and assist junior designers and interns.
About the team
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• 5+ years of industry experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar design-related role.
• 3+ years experience working in direct collaboration with product leadership, development managers, and cross-functional stakeholders.
• 3+ years experience creating prototypes or wire-frames for complex web applications and/or workflows.
• An online portfolio demonstrating samples of design deliverables (pixel-perfect designs, journey maps, wireframes, prototypes, etc.) is required to apply for this role.
• Bachelor's degree or commensurate experience
• Fluency in best practices for information architecture and design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques.
• Demonstrated history of acquiring user data (e.g., conducting usability studies, performing user research) and creating personas and journey maps.
• Experience with UX design for complex workflows for technical customers.
• Experience working with stakeholders to plan and execute programs that are strategic in nature.
• Experience owning large-scale projects, communicating timelines, and executing independently.
• Experience designing and prototyping with tools such as Sketch, InVision, Photoshop, Illustrator, or similar.
• Bachelor or Master's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent degree.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.