The Checkout Manager builds the checkout experience for Shopbop.com, an Amazon subsidiary and global destination for contemporary fashion. You will manage 8 Engineers responsible for all parts of customer checkout, customer service tooling, and backend systems for orders and payments. Your team will build new customer experiences that impacts 1,000s of customers daily and highly available backend services built on the latest AWS technologies.
At work you will work together with engineers to improve technical designs, uphold engineering standards, and coach teammates to be the best in their field. You will engage UX and PM partners to help define the right experience for customers. You will define a roadmap and vision for your team. Your peers and stakeholders will trust you to represent your team, make high judgement choices and invent new features that customers love.
As a manager at an Amazon subsidiary you will have routine access to Amazon’s world-class technology, people, and resources. But you will also have freedom to move quickly to focus on Shopbop customers’ needs.
Since its launch in 2000 as an online boutique specializing in hard-to-find denim, Shopbop has grown to become one of the leading fashion retailers in the world. Curated with a chic, modern woman in mind, Shopbop offers a comprehensive collection of designer apparel and accessories to suit every style and occasion. Acquired by Amazon in 2007, Shopbop functions as a fully-owned subsidiary, utilizing the tools and technologies available within Amazon to build features that delight Shopbop customers.
Shopbop is also a passionate company, through our style-support initiative we shine a spotlight on labels and causes we believe in. Most recently Shopbop highlighted the Black in Fashion Council and I Am a Voter campaign.
- 7+ years of experience working directly within engineering teams
- Experience partnering with product OR program management teams
- 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
- 3+ years of experience architecting and designing (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
· At least 5 years managing software development teams including hands-on architectural or distributed systems experience
· Experience with delivering software projects using Agile / Scrum methodologies
· A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional, projects
· History of hiring and growing engineering talent
· Ability to work with a diverse team delivering features for a range of customers
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
· Experience partnering with product managers and user experience teams to balance development cost and customer functionality
Shopbop is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.