The Alexa revenue and subscriptions team is seeking a talented, passionate, expert digital art director/designer to lead creative and aid in the development of world class brands for our subscription businesses. This art director/designer will help us up-level and execute on big ideas for Growth Marketing initiatives across acquisition, engagement, brand awareness, product design and digital marketing. The outputs of this work will be creative that ultimately drives top line revenue for Alexa. This art director/designer is very familiar with optimization and will be relentless in not only putting world class creative in the marketplace that helps build our subscription brands, but also designs with conversion rate and optimization in mind. This is a highly visible and impactful role to build and lead a growth marketing creative practice across Alexa. We are excited for you to join our team based in LA or Seattle and help us define how Amazon Alexa best drives its key messages, ideas and builds relationships with customers across the full customer revenue lifecycle.
The Art Director/Designer should have deep knowledge and practical experience working from business briefs, across multiple conceptual directions. Strong digital and growth marketing a must, with deep subject matter expertise in digital & conversion best practices, This is a cross-functional role – the Art Director/Designer should be comfortable dealing with multiple stakeholders and partnership teams (across executive through to entry-level ranks). The person in this role should possess excellent communication and organizational skills, and be flexible to changing priorities.
Key job responsibilities
• Hands-on art direction and creative execution – from concepting through production to delivery – to build holistic vision for marketing campaigns across multiple channels and customer touch-points.
• Drive alignment around design decisions by soliciting, synthesizing and managing design feedback from multiple directions.
• Maintain the highest design standards and inform the work with data wherever possible.
• Communicate and partner with peers (Producers, Visual Designers, Copywriters, Product Designers, Engineers, and/or other design disciplines) to deliver tangible results.
• Present to and collaborate with stakeholders (Marketers, Business Development Managers, Product Mangers, etc)
• Campaign Excellence – make decisions and drive adoption of mechanisms that elevate how we approach marketing communications. Raise the broader team’s awareness of what’s required to make great use of campaign opportunities and driving revenue growth across Alexa.
About the team
This team is fun, driven, and holds an high bar for customer facing experiences. We have a great mix of new to Amazon and tenured leaders, which affords us role as a highly trusted stakeholder across the org. From crossword puzzles, to team escape rooms, and raising awareness on diverse issues, or having each others back, across Alexa Marketing, we have something for nearly everyone and a positive and collaborative vibe. We are proud of our work, and we keep the bar high and autonomy high. If you like being on the cutting edge, come work with us.
• 7+ years experience as a Designer, Art Director, Creative Director, or similar role.
• Experience leading concept development, building style guides and toolkits for 360-degree campaigns for web and print and driving adoption of established design standards across onsite, emails, social media, in-app, display, offsite, PR.
• Exceptional visual design, layouting, image manipulation, and typographical skills with strong attention to detail.
• Ability to plan and scope design projects to work creatively around difficult business, technical, and/or resource constraints.
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign). Keynote and PPT design a plus.
• Knowledge of UI, responsive design and usability principles and techniques for web and in-app experiences.
•Experience with digital design and web design
• Excellent communication and organizational skills.
•Experience working in revenue and subscription businesses.
• An available online portfolio
• Ability to innovate and entrepreneurship.
• Passion for marketing, advertising, localization, and technology.
• Curiosity and interest in voice (Echo, Alexa) and AI.
• Experience with scaling campaign creative approaches in a globally distributed organization.
• Experience managing marketing and editorial design projects.
• Experience in designing for consumer-focused brands in a digital environment.
• Experience working in audio, video, OOH, and digital signage.
• Knowledge of Figma, Sketch.
• Degree in Graphic Design, Communications, Advertising, or similar field
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.