*We will hire for this role in Seattle, WA, Cupertino, CA, or Arlington/Herndon, VA*
AWS Outposts provide fully managed AWS infrastructure and services to customers in their on-premises data centers. Customers around the world – from financial institutions, manufacturers, production studios, and telecom providers – will now be able to use the power of AWS on-premises and build applications with the same APIs, services, and hardware as they use in the AWS cloud to virtually any data center, co-location space, or on-premises facility. From autonomous vehicle operations to automated industrial environments, AWS Outposts will enable customers to deliver new experiences to end-users as well as re-architect their legacy applications.
*Who We Are*
We are the AWS Outposts Operations team. We develop the model for small and fast infrastructure deployments to thousands of locations outside of our regions’ datacenters. This is not just a different rack or server; it includes new hardware, new software, new supply chain systems, new distribution channels, and new field operational processes for edge deployments. Our model is leveraged by Outposts, Outposts Servers, Wavelength, Local Zones, and Private 5G services.
We are looking for a high caliber Technical Program Manager who enjoys working on challenging, high impact problems. You have a passion for bridging the gap between business and technology and love getting your "hands dirty" in the details of our business. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent and leadership are essential to success in this role. Our programs are still in startup mode and we are innovating and building our vision to deliver an unparalleled customer experience while also driving our ability to scale. You would be joining a team of experienced TPMs and helping to build and scale our products and services.
The right candidate will possess a strong technical program management background and will have demonstrated experience leading medium to large software/hardware programs. As a TPM, you will bring relevant experience, superior judgement, great detail tracking and follow-through, and strong problem-solving and communications skills to anticipate bottlenecks/tradeoffs, provide escalation management and balance business needs against technical constraints.
You’re a good fit if you:
- can dive deep into technical details to translate high-level business requirements into working solutions and ask engineers astute questions on programs that you own; are able to recommend alternative technical and business approaches.
- have a good understanding of system interactions and information/data flows
- think big, see the big picture and can break it down to actionable goals and deliverables
- can coordinate across many functional areas (including, but not limited to Supply Chain, Support, Training, Vendor & Partners, Transportation, Legal, Compliance, Finance, EC2 Service Teams, Tools Development, Hardware Engineering, Network Engineering and our Manufacturers) in order to deliver a large, complex program by anticipating blockers and making tradeoffs when there are competing priorities
- define the program plan and clearly communicate status, risk and any required mitigations to maintain program timelines and commitments.
- work closely with other AWS teams tracking dependencies and deliverables, and launching and coordinating new initiatives to improve our agility and time-to-market.
- clearly and concisely communicate goals, roles, responsibilities and desired outcomes
Our team is dedicated to supporting new team members. We have a broad range of experience levels and backgrounds and we are building an environment of knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your development and are focused on building a plan which targets growing your career and skills through work selection and a balance of soft skills and technical development.
- BA or BS from an accredited university
- 6+ years of experience in program or project management within a fast-paced metrics driven environment
- 3+ years of experience in software development or system integration
- 3+ years of experience in cross-functional roles and a proven track record of delivering successful products to market
- Demonstrated customer focus and experience releasing products and programs to market
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail orientation with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
- Experience identifying and resolving complex issues, and assuming leadership roles in unfamiliar or ambiguous circumstances - solid sense of accountability and sound personal judgment
- 3+ years of telco, datacenter, hardware design and/or operations experience
- AWS and PMP certifications
- Experience with contracts, SOWs, RFPs, SoPs and Designing Processes, and managing local and international vendors / suppliers and partners
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.