At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. As part of The Climate Pledge to reach net zero carbon operations by 2040, we’re inventing solutions to drive carbon emissions out of our real-estate portfolio. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. As a Sustainable Building Program Manager you will be responsible for developing strategy and executing programs that reduce carbon emissions, through investigation and implementation of new technology experimentation throughout Amazon’s facilities.
In this role, the candidate will work with varied internal and external stakeholders to source, vet, and implement low carbon building solutions that help ensure Amazon has a steady pipeline of low-carbon solutions. This will include developing and owning program management mechanisms, building strategic partnerships inside Amazon as well as externally throughout the industry and outside the business, and working closely with our investment vehicles and on-the-ground building teams. The candidate will help unlock avenues for commercialization and help Amazon internal teams focus on the most strategic priorities. As such, the candidate will balance time between a strategic and programmatic engagement throughout Amazon’s real-estate teams, alongside the ability to deep dive on building systems and technology. This deep dive will include detailed analysis and assurance that vetted opportunities align with Amazon's priorities, core operations, and safety protocols. The candidate will also partner with new and existing teams also engaged in new technology experimentation, and develop the communication mechanisms to share learnings and progress company-wide to help accelerate action against Amazon’s goals.
¬Support the execution of a comprehensive sustainable building program with a dedicated focus on new technology experimentation
¬Support new and existing business teams with their progress against Amazon’s Climate Pledge as it relates to buildings
¬Evaluate building technology, systems, and materials that demonstrate progress on decarbonizing the built environment
¬Work with diverse stakeholders to implement pilot strategies to reduce, monitor, and optimize carbon reduction
¬Prepare written analysis of findings and recommendations, and assist in reporting for other teams
Develop tools to surface, analyze and report out the necessary information for business teams and centralized leadership reporting
¬Analyze and communicate the carbon and financial impact of projects and initiatives
¬Manage multiple projects that roll-up into a single program, linking datasets and progress
¬Build relationships with external and internal stakeholders
For this position, we expect..
- Graduate BA or BS degree required,
- Familiar with supply chain management
- 5+ years of program and project management experience (ideally within the sustainability domain)
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills.
- Experience gathering and analyzing large amounts of data and delivering continuous business improvements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated experience working in a cross-functional capacity
- A strong appetite for teamwork, and a just-do-it attitude.
- Well versed in Excel
· 10+ years of demonstrated sustainable building project experience
· AIA, PE, CEM, PMP, and/or building professional accreditation (ex., LEED AP, BREEAM)
· Experience with building systems and commercial/industrial construction practices
· Ability to read and understand building drawings, specifications, and other mechanisms; Experience with providing feedback on these tools to incorporate performance criteria
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.