The Amazon Security Learning team creates cybersecurity awareness and proficiency across the Amazon network. We also create training for external Amazon customers and the general public. We set the bar for security culture, paying particular attention to inclusion and accessibility for people of varying disability experiences. We produce engaging technical and non-technical training, programming, and tooling to support the mission of a more secure workplace and world. We do so with disruptive learning modalities, messaging, and competency-based training.
**This role is open to alternative locations including: Austin, TX - Dallas, TX - Seattle, WA - New York, NY – Chicago, IL – Arlington, VA – Boston, MA – Portland, Oregon – San Francisco, CA – San Diego, CA**
Key job responsibilities
As an integral part of the team, the Technical Training Specialist will create learning experiences focused on cybersecurity awareness and auditing against compliance frameworks for external customers. They will ensure these learning experiences raise the security bar, exemplifies the voice of security, and empowers customers to have confidence and deeper knowledge in Security. Creating engaging security learning programs, enabling security behavior and skill development for external customer, thinking outside the box, and championing inclusive security culture are also key functions of this role.
- 4+ years of instructional design or course/tool/lab development for technical audiences
- 2+ years experience ADDIE, SAM, or other course development models
- Experience designing, writing content, and evaluating eLearning, job aids, video, or webinars
- Proficient with a variety of eLearning development tools including Articulate Storyline
- Knowledge of adult learning theories and instructional design best practices
- Strong project management skills with the ability to work independently
- A passion for creating engaging and effective learning experience
- Security domain knowledge
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience with translation or localization of content
- Experience with an LMS and troubleshooting technical issues
- Proven track record for being innovative, creative, and effectively deal with ambiguity
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.