At Amazon, we are obsessed with earning customer trust. The People eXperience and Technology (PXT) Security team enables our PXT business leaders to maintain customer trust by keeping PXT systems and their underlying employee, contingent worker, applicant, and candidate data secure.
PXT Security is looking for a passionate, innovative, and results-oriented Business Operations Program Manager who will install, manage, and drive continuous improvement of mechanisms that optimize productivity, efficiency, and data-based decision management. This role will own a number of key programs that include our monthly status updates (called MBRs), monthly metrics reporting, goal setting, budgeting, resource planning, and tracking, annual operational planning (OP), our security training & awareness program, and maintain our team wiki. This person will also own new strategic programs/initiatives, and the development of new systems that support the business. Most importantly, this person will develop new or improve existing standards, guidelines, and tools, simplify processes, and drive deliverables that help the organization operate efficiently.
The ideal candidate is motivated by a highly creative and dynamic culture where the challenge of breaking new ground and redefining best practices is welcome. The successful candidate will have the ability to think strategically, act tactically, write effectively, and display strong analytical and critical thinking skills. The candidate must also be able to build strong cross-functional working relationships at all levels and demonstrate exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
Key job responsibilities
In this role, you will:
- Assist with defining, launching and optimizing team goals and strategic initiatives to meet the rapid growth of the business.
- Coordinate special projects and requests for the team from leaders and customers.
- Implement, monitor and analyze success metrics and drive predictability in our operations, with your analytical mindset and technical skills (high proficiency expected in Excel, and preferred experience in BI dashboarding and/or SQL).
- Provide actionable business insights, through dashboards, reports, and analyses, to help us make data-driven decisions.
- Coordinate operational cadences, such as monthly and quarterly business reviews and operational planning, to improve alignment on performance, ongoing initiatives and priorities.
- Identify pain points and drive the adoption of repeatable processes and tools.
- Voice the needs of the team and define requirements for tooling, enablement and resources.
- Collaborate with other program managers to identify and share best practices.
- Coordinate the end-to-end execution of annual planning process to include headcount, utilization, and goal planning.
- Manage preparation, agenda, and follow up actions for forward-looking business plans. Anticipate the needs of your business and proactively develop new plans as needed.
- Implement and track baseline metrics/reports to support the development of new practices and goals as necessary.
- Communicate effectively at multiple levels, build trusting relationships across organizations, and demonstrate discretion with sensitive information.
- Bachelors degree
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in Security Program Management
- Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Demonstrated ability to effectively deliver information to leaders (senior manager level and above)
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate (verbally and in writing) with cross-functional and cross-regional teams
- Ability to navigate ambiguity to solve problems and deliver successfully with high attention to detail
- Experienced with Excel and the ability to conduct analysis of complex data and translate the results into actionable deliverables, messages, and presentations
- Analytical skills and a proven track record of taking ownership and leading data-driven analyses
- Ability to convey operational status and issues to multiple levels of the organization with the appropriate level of detail and clarity
- Ability to translate strategic objectives into tangible operational results
- Ability to prioritize and drive projects to completion
- Advanced degree in Cybersecurity, Business, Economics, Social Science, Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field
- Prior experience working in consulting or in a technology company
- Experience building dashboards (QuickSight, Tableau, PowerBI or equivalent)
- Experience with SQL
- Experienced project/program manager
- Knowledge of Agile development practices (Certified Scrum Master, etc.)
- Exhibits sound business judgment
- Self-motivated, action-oriented, multi-tasking individual with a great sense of urgency and follow-through
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.