The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Center for Quantum Computing in Pasadena, CA, is looking to hire a Principal Product Manager to lead our hardware product effort. Quantum computing is an exciting, nascent technology, with the potential to revolutionize computing in areas such as advanced materials development, chemical engineering, biotech, data security, finance and logistics. As head of product for quantum computing hardware, you will work closely with a cross-disciplinary team of scientists and hardware and software engineers. You will define and execute on our product roadmap, work closely with our quantum computing cloud service team (Braket) on product integration and customer engagement, and drive our strategic communications both internally and externally.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Key job responsibilities
- Develop and execute on a near and long-term strategy for our hardware products
- Own and manage all aspects of customer engagement and the customer experience with our hardware
- Work closely with the AWS quantum computing cloud service team (Braket) on our hardware product integration
- Drive strategic communications, internally and externally
- Be a product subject matter expert, staying abreast of technical and business developments in the quantum computing and related quantum technology industries
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, (Applied) Science, Business Administration, or other related field from an accredited university
- 10+ years combined experience in product management (tech) or technical program management
- Experience managing efforts of a highly technical nature spanning multiple scientific and engineering disciplines
- Experience preparing and delivering presentations to high-level leadership/audiences
- Experience working with both corporate and academic partners
- Experience delivering on multiple, complex projects within a single program
- Experience coordinating efforts amongst teams across multiple locations and time zones
- Strong track record of creative problem solving
- Strong quantitative, financial and analytical skills, paired with hands-on attitude, excellent attention to detail, and good business judgment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.