Do you pioneer? Do you enjoy breaking down and solving complex problems for the benefit of a quickly expanding customer base, focusing first on our customer and working backwards? Do you want to be part of a newly formed organization that is designing and launching new business models across MENA? If so, Amazon Global Specialty Fulfillment (GSF) operations is looking for an experienced leader with a strong record of achieving results. We are looking to hire an Area Manager in Dubai (UAE) to join the team that redefines fast delivery and help us build and grow this new service for our customers. This is your chance to make history. Our overall mission is simple: we want Amazon to be the place where our customers can find, discover and buy anything online. Whatever our customers want, we will find the means to deliver it. With your help, Amazon will continue to enable people to discover new worlds and implement innovation.
Key job responsibilities
ACES Area manager is focused on supporting GSF operations team to make continuous improvements on behalf of Amazon customers, to drive into standardization efforts, act as liaisons with other departments, provide process skills, support launches, support Kaizen events in their areas of expertise, and to run and coordinate cross-functional projects for successful implementation across fulfillment network. This role will also be an SME in all fulfillment related Tech and drive adoption of new tools/systems and processes.
The ACES Area manager working with site Ops team to
· Benchmark and implement best practices and establish sustainable mechanisms to audit and drive adoption of these processes/systems
· Use the PDCA methodology to drive small scale improvements in processes
· Use the Kaizen methodology to drive large scale process improvements or reduction in costs.
· Sustain roll out of Continuous Improvement (CI) essentials and Kaizen essentials training to managers.
- Own the roll out of new tech/systems to improve Customer experience
· Previous experience in operational logistics/supply chain, manufacturing, transportation, general management or engineering role
· Knowledge of Lean, Six Sigma and Kaizen technique is preferred
· Ability to travel up to 50% of time to analyze, implement, monitor best practice solutions.
· Excellent analytical skills to evaluate complex processes and financial scenarios.
· Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
· Demonstrate strong track record of team leadership within a large scale rapid and process driven environment, whilst also being able to handle multiple projects.
· Sound business acumen
· Excellent working knowledge of MS Excel, MS Word and related software
Post-graduation in Industrial Engineering / MBA
Experience in last mile logistics