The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Security's Evidence Collection Automation Team (ECAT) is looking for a customer focused, motivated, and experienced candidate to be a part of our growing team. If you are passionate about designing and building software that improves the user experience for your customers, we want to hear from you! In this role, you will have the opportunity to make a direct impact on AWS customers in a security-focused environment.
Open to hiring in the following locations: Seattle WA, Portland OR, NYC NY, Boston MA, Herndon VA, Arlington VA, Dallas TX.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well balanced life—both in and outside of work.
Remote Work Options Available
We value your time to innovate and recognize the need for heads down time to focus on a build. We also value in-person collaboration and time spent face-to-face. Our team affords engineers with options to work in the office every day or work remotely in a flexible hybrid schedule.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Key job responsibilities
In this role you will:
- Write high-quality, efficient, testable code in Java and other object-oriented languages.
- Build highly available, secure, distributed systems of microservices.
- Find out what it takes to engineer systems for "Amazon Scale".
- Have full ownership and operate the systems that you build based on real-time customer data and demanding service-level agreements.
- Make a direct contribution to planning, design, implementation, testing, operations, and process improvement as a member of an Agile team.
- Be part of growing, tight-knit team within a wider community of experienced and knowledgeable engineers.
About the team
We use the latest technologies to build software that helps improve the overall security posture of AWS services. From building customer facing web applications, backend microservices, or internal tools, we have the flexibility to innovate and invent things from scratch. Our tools are used by external customers, security auditors, and internal service teams. We also emphasize operational excellence and continuously monitor and optimize our services to maximize efficiency.
We are growing and launching new tools and initiatives. We are looking for experienced developers to write code that works at Amazon scale, mentor junior developers, understand and improve our agile processes and help us evolve a vision of compliance and security at AWS.
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- Experience with object-oriented design, data structures, and algorithms.
- Operational experience with responsibility for system reliability and uptime.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Understanding of security and compliance principles and best practices
- Front-end/design experience is a plus
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.