This position is open to Arlington, NYC, Seattle, Palo Alto and Santa Monica
Does serving ads to billions of search requests daily and finding the most relevant ads for a search page from billions of ads in 10s of milliseconds excite you?
The Sponsored Products Search Relevance team owns identifying the relevant ads to surface to customers when they search for products on Amazon. We strive to understand our customers’ intent and identify relevant ads which enable them to discover new and alternate products. This also enables sellers on Amazon to showcase their products to customers, which may at times be buried deeper in the search results.
Our systems and algorithms operate on one of the world's largest product catalogs, matching shoppers with products - with a high relevance bar and strict latency constraints. We are a team of machine learning scientists and software engineers working on complex solutions to understand the customer intent and present them with ads that are not only relevant to their actual shopping experience, but also non-obtrusive. This area is of strategic importance to Amazon Retail and Marketplace business, driving long term-growth.
We are looking for a Software Engineer (ML), who can drive appropriate technology choices for the business. You will build services to handle billions of requests per day, while maintaining response latencies in milliseconds and meeting strict SLA requirements. It is quite routine for our systems to operate on massive datasets using distributed frameworks. You will design and code, troubleshoot, and support high volume and low latency distributed systems. The solutions you create would drive step increases in coverage of sponsored ads across the retail website and ensure relevant ads are served to Amazon's customers. You will directly impact our customers’ shopping experience while helping our sellers get the maximum ROI from advertising on Amazon. This role will provide exposure to cutting-edge innovations in product search, information retrieval, natural language processing (NLP), deep learning, and image processing.
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- 1+ years of experience in software development
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- Experience in building large-scale machine-learning infrastructure for online recommendation, ads ranking, personalization, or search, etc.
- Experience with ML libraries/frameworks such as Tensorflow, AWS Sagemaker, Keras, PyTorch, etc.
- Experience with Big Data technologies such as AWS, Hadoop, Spark, Pig, Hive, Lucene/SOLR or Storm/Samza
- Strong proficiency with Java, Python, Scala or C++
- Coursework or thesis in machine learning, data mining, information retrieval, statistics or natural language processing
- Advanced knowledge of performance, scalability, enterprise system architecture, and engineering best practices
- 3+ years professional experience in software development
- 3+ years experience with computer science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- 4+ years hands on development experience with at least, one modern programming language such as Java, C++, C#, Scala, etc.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.