Are you excited by the opportunity to build diverse and high performing products? Do you like the idea of seeing your work impact tens of millions of customers? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in!
We are looking for passionate, hard-working, and talented Principal Product Management - Technical who has experience building mission-critical, high volume applications with broad seller and customer impact. You will lead, design, architect, and implement cutting edge products used every day, by people you know.
You will play a key role in driving the strategy, vision, and roadmap, with a high degree of ownership over critical features and the customer experience. A successful candidate will be highly analytical, able to work effectively in a matrixed organization, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into products and applications that customers love. The ideal candidate for this role will be customer-obsessed with the capability to dive in and learn new technologies fast and who is comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment; will be a creative and an analytical problem solver with the opportunity to fulfill the Amazon motto to “Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.”
You will develop and drive requirements back to a number of engineering teams and partner with them to deliver exceptional products. Expect to be in charge of new projects and initiatives, developing new products, managing business and technical requirements, driving performance, and help building plans for the future. We need someone who is eager to grow with us and is passionate about driving clarity in highly ambiguous technical environments, be skilled at developing long-term technical roadmaps, and have technical depth. This position also requires excellent project management skills, great empathy and communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
· 7+ years of product management experience in a related industry
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field
· Experience identifying business opportunities, building a product strategy, and influencing deliver against a multi-year roadmap
· Understands core technologies utilized in their product domain and is fluent in pros and cons of technical alternatives
· Drives alignment and coherent product feature, business, and evangelism strategies
· Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.