Amazon Air is responsible for Engine, APU, and Thrust Reverser Heavy Maintenance. The Senior Program Manager (Sr. PM) will work closely with the Network Team and support Amazon Air Fleet expansion. The Sr. PM will create the long term powerplant spare asset strategy for the Amazon Air fleet and execute asset acquisitions including but not limited to engines, APU’s, Life Limited Parts, and high value materials to support heavy maintenance shop visits.
Key job responsibilities
- Lead the technical analysis for Large RFP events for maintenance services of Powerplant assets, partnering with GFAS, Legal and Finance to bring the best terms, conditions and pricing to the Air fleet.
- Develop long-term fleet spare asset strategies based on contractual obligations and present justifications to leadership for CAPEX requirements.
- Evaluate, justify and execute engine and APU acquisitions, leases, and dispositions of spare assets.
- Create and maintain fleet specific maintenance total cost of ownership/lease (including lease return conditions) models for visibility and comparison of existing to new fleet types to influence decision-making.
- Provide Fleet Services evaluations and analyses of new aircraft fleet types to support aircraft valuations for potential aircraft acquisitions and leases.
- Drive continuous collaborate with Amazon AIR internal technology departments to develop and maintain IT tools to improve efficiencies and accuracy in planning, workscoping, cost optimization, and lease returns for engines and APU’s.
- Continuously evaluate and analyze spares requirements according to forecasted shop visits, for existing fleet and fleet additions, to ensure accuracy in a dynamic environment.
- Contribute to annual budget input/analysis for powerplant heavy maintenance and CAPEX requirements.
- Collaborate with carriers to ensure existing contractual requirements are updated as the business grows.
- Provide regular market analysis regarding industry trends that affect shop visit cost and asset purchase cost, using information to drive continuous improvements into existing contracts.
- Create and modify strategic plan for powerplant maintenance to re-optimize cost according to fleet growth, industry and economic trends.
- Lead long term parts forecasting and sourcing of high value parts to ensure availability and lowest available pricing both long and short term.
- Drive engine build reliability by using reliability program data and indexing to drive continuous improvements in MRO processes and workscoping content.
- Develop and implement future processes and standards to improve the heavy maintenance business cycles.
- 5+ years of experience in program or project management
- Experience using data and metrics to drive improvements
- Experience owning program strategy, end to end delivery, and communicating results to senior leadership
- 5+ years of experience with propulsion programs at a leasing, aftermarket, airline, OEM or MRO
- 5+ years of aftermarket experience with engine acquisitions, sales, and valuations or equivalent experience
- 5+ years advanced financial modeling experience in excel or other equivalent tools
- Bachelor of Science Degree in business, engineering, or aviation
- Technical understanding of workscoping practices for engines or APU’s.
- Airframe or Powerplant license
- Airline operational leadership experience with a 14CFR 121 or 135 operator in line maintenance, heavy maintenance or maintenance control
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English)
- Advanced problem solving and analytical thinking.
- Able to thrive when given high levels of autonomy and responsibility
- Complex engine contract knowledge, MRO experience (airframe and engines) and aviation leasing
- Strong technical acumen in engine maintenance
- Experience with cargo operations and passenger to freighter conversions
- Airline operational experience
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.