Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the pioneer and recognized leader in Cloud Computing. Our web services provide a platform for IT infrastructure in-the-cloud that is used by hundreds of thousands of developers and businesses around the world. These customers range from start-ups to leading web companies to Global 500 companies.
AWS Data Services group provides rapidly growing, industry acclaimed cloud services in areas of big data platforms to data analytics to operational databases. The group is at the forefront of innovation in these areas producing world-class cloud services such as EMR to Redshift to RDS Aurora and many more.
AWS Glue is a fully managed service offering next-generation data management and transformation solution at the intersection of Serverless, FastData, ML and Analytics.
The AWS Glue team provides a scalable, resilient, highly performant and secure data platform and infrastructure for users running Business Intelligence, Analytics and ML applications. The team is responsible for data orchestration and workflow management service, metadata platform with Glue catalog (lineage, discovery, search, annotations), services that move data around (Apache Spark SQL, data ingestion and dispersal), streaming and batch querying systems (based on SparkSQL and Spark structured streaming), advanced data processing platforms (based on Spark SQL and ML, and other Data Science tools), Data Warehousing, and security (using AWS Lake Formation), and the underlying storage and resource management infrastructure (with serverless Apache Spark, Amazon S3, Apache Yarn and HDFS).
AWS Glue simplifies and automates the difficult and time consuming data discovery, conversion, mapping, and job scheduling tasks at massive scale.
We are starting a new team in our New York/New Jersey office to focus on a new product in the space of data analytics. We are looking for strong engineers to be part of building a product from ground up.
Top reasons to join the team:
- Be catalyst to deliver a truly disruptive product that is growing rapidly
- Solve unique and first-order problems in areas of Big Data, Spark, Distributed Systems, Serverless and Machine Learning
- Influence and build product that will leverage scale of resources to orchestrate data workflow
- Be part of big data revolution in cloud
- Learn how to build & operate distributed systems at massive scale
- Good knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Passionate in building large scale distributed systems
- Thrive in culture of ownership, delivery and bias for action
- Fast pace environment energizes you to be at your best
- Innovate and invent in agile and collaborative environment
- Curious and eager to learn to expect more of you and others
- Translate functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture, design and extensible code
- Be an advocate of industry best-practices to produce reliable, fault tolerant and dependable code
- Code and test complex system modules; develop and leverage frameworks to be effective and efficient
- Participate in architecture, design and code reviews to maintain our high development standards
- Own system architecture, scalability, reliability, and performance
- Collaborate and influence other teams to deliver and operate large scale, distributed services in the cloud
- Mentor other engineers, defining our challenging technical culture, and helping to build a fast-growing team
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- Strong knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Experienced writing multi-threaded programs requiring concurrency and synchronization primitives
- Experienced debugging, diagnosing, and trouble-shooting complex, production software
- Strong understanding of system performance and scaling
- Ability to work in a fast paced and agile development environment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.