At AWS, we want to make it easy for our customers to use their data to make better decisions using analytics. The AWS Analytics & Machine Learning team is hiring for one of the most dynamic and rapidly-growing teams in the organization to design and build strategic new analytics products, used by over 1 million customers world wide.
Key Job Responsibilities
This position presents a unique and rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a fast growing business and help shape the technology, product, and the business. As a software development engineer in this fast and exciting space, you will own early development for a brand new offering. In this position, you will design, build, and scale our front-end stack, back-end API’s and services. A successful candidate will have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about a product and its technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value into software; work cross-organizationally to deliver results, and dive deep to lead engineering decisions. You will engage and influence engineers and leaders on product vision and technical implementation activities.
What can you expect?
You will be part of team that will be building a new AWS service from the ground up. If you are excited about building the next generation analytics experiences that delight AWS customers, are architecturally sound, scale effortlessly, extremely resilient, and easy to operate, then this opportunity will be a great fit. Launching a new service from scratch is a unique opportunity to bring your entire experience to the fore, start with a clean state, and challenge yourself at a completely different level. This is a high visibility initiative in our most strategic area.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- 1+ years of experience in software development
- Prior experience in dealing with high level of ambiguity and making data driven decisions to build the right customer experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or relevant work experience
- Strong computer science fundamentals in design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- 5+ years professional software development experience developing web services, API’s or full-stack applications
- Proven expertise in building, scalable, fault tolerant systems at low operational cost
- Solid system design and architecture experience
- Ability to lead and focus a team of experienced engineers, leading them to a common technical goal
- Ability to resolve conflicts and technical disagreements while leading the team to the optimal solution
- Passion for building new products in a fast paced, team-oriented environment
- Solid coding practices including good design documentation, unit testing, peer code reviews, and a preference for agile methods
- Sharp analytical abilities, proven design skills, excellent communication skills
- Experience using Amazon Web Services or Azure or GCP desirable
- Proficiency using modern cloud native technologies including AWS Services like APIGateway, Lambda, ECS, S3, DynamoDB, IAM, KMS, CloudWatch, Glue, LakeFormation and QuickSight.
- Passion for building a rich and innovative user experience
- Demonstrable track record as an owner: someone who can take a concept and make it real
- A thirst for knowledge and continuous improvement.
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.