As an Optical Deployment Engineer working within AWS Infrastructure you will:
· Build and rollout our global DWDM networks
· Drive scaling current DWDM designs to meet the demand of our customers
· Create processes that help operate and build our DWDM network
· Work closely with other Networking departments on new designs
· Evaluate alternative equipment and drive commercial tender process
· Ensure that the DWDM network adheres to the defined network standards
· Review and implement changes on the DWDM network
· Drive operational excellence projects to drive improvements in our DWDM network quality and reliability
· Troubleshoot complex problems and develop innovative solutions day to day on our network.
· Our ideal candidate is highly autonomous, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills, strong project management and time management skills and has a successful track record of troubleshooting complex network problems and delivering innovative solutions. The desire and ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment is essential.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 6+ years’ experience with the rollout of large DWDM networks and Optical network technologies
- 3+ years’ experience with optical planning and modelling tools
- 1+ year of professional development experience with Python or similar tool for network automation scripting
- Excellent network analysis fundamentals and robust troubleshooting skills.
- Good working knowledge of IP networking fundamentals
- Strong Unix skills and the ability to script/program in a language are desirable.
- Knowledge of L2 switching and L3 routing is desirable
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.