Project Kuiper is an initiative to launch a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide low-latency, high-speed broadband connectivity to unserved and underserved communities around the world.
One of the most ambitious missions that Kuiper has undertaken to date, the Kuiper satellite constellation, is our solution to providing reliable internet to the entire world. We are looking for talented technicians to help full-scale production of the Kuiper satellites.
The success of Kuiper depends on the quality, reliability, cost, manufacturability, throughput, and security of the products that you deliver. If you seek a fast-paced, dynamic environment; if you thrive on solving difficult problems where resolutions have high impact; and if you love the challenge of building something from scratch, then this role will be an ideal next career step. To be successful you need to be highly motivated and detail oriented while showing the highest standards of execution.
Key job responsibilities
- Perform critical lifts for space rated hardware.
- Ensure all lifting and rigging operations are in accordance with Amazon safety policies and best practices.
- Ensure lab equipment is maintained and calibrated, track calibration schedules
- Assist in the assembly of flight hardware.
- Mechanical/electrical assembly of PCB assemblies, wire harnessing, satellite components, sub-assemblies, and integration of final vehicle assemblies
- Run functional testing of built hardware, including setup, instrumentation, test execution, and tear-down
- Operate and maintain complex automated equipment, including troubleshooting, calibration, documentation, and maintenance
- Identify equipment requirements for planned hardware builds, maintain consumables inventory, and identify procedures and processes accordingly
- ESD/EPA, 5s, and Clean-room procedures
Export Control Requirement:
Due to applicable export control laws and regulations, candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
A day in the life
We are a group of Technicians with well over 15 years of diverse skills and experience. Each team member brings in willingness to train and positive team energy. Some tasks you may be an individual contributor, but may also work in a group environment to achieve organizational goals. This group of Technicians thrived in success by working as a team. We are currently in RnD, but moving towards production environment.
- Minimum 1 experience in performing critical lifts.
- At least 1 year operational Aerospace, Aviation, or other production experience.
- Must have Amazon.com certified forklift training (or be willing to be trained)
- Must be willing and able to work with powered lift equipment – for example forklift or cherry picker.
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate.
- Valid Driver’s license and able to satisfy Amazon driver eligibility criteria.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds on some occasions, stand/walk for up to 8-10 hours (with breaks), and able to frequently push, pull, squat, bend, and reach, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Willing to work all shifts, overtime and weekends as needed. Estimated shift times 1st shift: 8am-4:30PM Shift will vary, depending on program needs
- Standing for long periods of time, climbing up and down ladders, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, and stretching may be required to perform the functions of this position
- Able to lift up to 25lbs. unassisted
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.