In the Amazon Fire TV team, we are creating the most engaging entertainment platform for the whole family, worldwide. Be part of a fast-paced, agile and innovative team who is delivering new experiences to Fire TV devices in a startup like environment.
Key job responsibilities
Some of the responsibilities include:
- Lead the design of new features and initiatives across the organization
- Investigate, prototype, and deliver new and innovative software applications
- Deliver high quality software through working in a dynamic, team-focused Agile/Scrum environment
- Champion best practices for software automation and documentation, assure designs meet requirements, and deliver exceptional-quality work on tight schedules
A day in the life
We are looking for a passionate, talented Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) who can drive key engineering and business decisions that impact Amazon’s long-term vision, including innovation in the delivery and consumption of media and entertainment. In this development role, you will have an opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture and quality of cutting edge products used every day, by people you know.
About the team
Our team is on an exciting growth journey, we are involved in new device launches and working out how to scale our operations efficiently.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- Extensive professional hands-on experience as a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
- Great Computer Science fundamentals knowledge and experience in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving and complexity analysis
- Proficient in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, C, C++, C#, or Python
- Experience writing test plans, test automation and test cases
- Experience contributing to the architecture and design of new and existing systems
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, automation and operations
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through launch of the project
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
- Experience with Android app development, Android Frameworks or AOSP
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.