At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you'd like to help us build the place where people can find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history.
Do you want to be a part of the team that builds innovative solutions to support our front line employees?
Our team builds innovative solutions for our leaders and front line employees that uses new cutting edge technologies and ML. These solutions include Chatbot technology, Digital Voice of the Associate platforms, Machine Learning tools for managers, interactive BI dashboards for leaders and more.
We are looking for a strong software development engineer who is results-oriented, data driven, innovative, and passionate at creating new comprehensive services/solutions and has a sense of ownership. You’ll work on cutting edge technology such as such as React, Redux, Flow, Webpack, ES6+, and AWS to build the world’s most innovative front line support solutions.
As an engineer on this team, you will be given the opportunity to independently own driving improvements to our existing technology, while also designing and developing new products and interfaces. Your solutions will provide the ultimate customer experience. You should be somebody who enjoys working on complex system software, is customer-centric, and feels strongly about building a software system that can be operated at global scale. At Amazon, we are known for our customer obsession. We need your ideas and your ability to take initiative, innovate, and produce results as we continuously improve the customer experience.
Key job responsibilities
As an engineer on this team, you will be given the opportunity to independently own drive improvements to our existing technology, while also designing and developing new products and interfaces.
A day in the life
This role will be responsible for building solutions for high-impacting associate products. Collaborating with Product, BIE, and Program teams on day-to-day basis. Participate in daily stand-up understand business pain points and unblock business, stay on top of day-to-day work track, take complete ownership of your work and drive the solution end-to-end.
About the team
The PXT Solutions works across has a goal to positively impact Associates by focusing on solving the problems that matter to them. Some of the products and programs are directly frontline, whereas others deliver key actionable insights to leaders and PXT teams on operational metrics, attrition, retention, Diversity Equity and Inclusion (DEI), and engagement that result in a cascading Associate impact.
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, related field or equivalent industry experience.
- Minimum of 2 years’ industry experience as a software development engineer, web development engineer, front end engineer or similar
- Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
- Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
- Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
- Experience in utilizing mobile design patterns, building mobile frameworks/SDKs, building custom UX widgets and optimizing apps for performance.
- Practical experience with engineering best practices
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and agile development environment
- Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive
- Passion for developing products which provide a great customer experience
he pay range for this position in Colorado is $143K - $194k/yr however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.