Would you like to be one of the leaders of a team that is solving new business challenges through innovative technology?
The Team: Amazon Physical Stores is developing the next customer experience for brick and mortar Amazon stores that offers a curated selection of books and an array of Amazon devices. It is a magical experience that combines the best parts of a neighborhood bookstore with Amazon.com’s low prices and the expertise of passionate, knowledgeable staff who tailor their approach to the unique needs of each customer. We are getting ready to launch new products that will amaze and define a whole new way for customers to interact with Amazon.
The Role: Join a fast growing team where you will be valued for your entrepreneurial skills and ability to take on a whole new Amazon charter that feels more like a startup than a big company. As a Software Development Engineer in the Amazon Physical Stores team, you will collaborate and have fun with talented peer engineers to define the next store customer experience that is based on a secure, robust and zero touch maintenance infrastructure.
In this role:
- You will encounter challenging software development problems to solve. You will interact with multiple development/infrastructure teams across Amazon to solve such challenges.
- You will be able to demonstrate your strong technical and communication skills as well as your teamwork abilities to deliver brand new customer experiences on behalf of Amazon.
- You must be curious in the face of ambiguity and able to develop prototypes and experiments to find the optimal customer experience to create robust, scalable, distributed and fault-tolerant features for Amazon customers around the globe.
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- 1+ years of experience in software development
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering or related field
- 1+ year of relevant professional software development experience
- Demonstrable experience coding for software modules based on system architecture
- Understanding of web service technologies such as SOAP, HTTP, WSDL, XSD, and REST
- Operating System level fundamentals
- Master’s degree in Engineering
- Demonstrable sense of ownership, bias for action, urgency, and drive
- Experience in Agile/SCRUM enterprise-scale software development
- Exposure to Windows or Linux native development
- Experience using Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Passion for building a rich and innovative user experience
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.