Amazon Advertising operates at the intersection of eCommerce and advertising, offering a rich array of digital display advertising solutions with the goal of helping our customers find and discover anything they want to buy. We help advertisers reach Amazon customers on Amazon.com, across our other owned and operated sites, on other high quality sites across the web, and on millions of Kindles, tablets, and mobile devices. We start with the customer and work backwards in everything we do, including advertising. If you’re interested in joining a rapidly growing team working to build a unique, world-class advertising group with a relentless focus on the customer, you’ve come to the right place.
Performance Advertising’s vision is to enable advertisers of all sizes with self-service products to build their brand and business at Amazon delivering sophisticated automation for novices and powerful controls for expert users. We are focused on continuous exploration of contexts and creative formats where advertising delivers value to customers and advertisers. Our products are auction based, cost-per-click, and drive traffic within the Amazon shopping experience addressing lower and mid-funnel marketing goals. We deliver billions of ad impressions and millions of clicks daily and are breaking fresh ground to create world-class, highly performant advertising products. We are highly motivated, collaborative and fun-loving with an entrepreneurial spirit and bias for action. With a broad mandate to experiment and innovate, we are growing fast with a seemingly endless range of new opportunities.
Our systems and algorithms operate on one of the world's largest product catalogs, matching shoppers with advertised products with a high relevance bar and strict latency constraints. We work hand-in-hand with Machine Learning scientists to come up with novel solutions that deliver highly relevant ads. We consistently strive to improve the customer search and detail page experiences. You will drive appropriate technology choices for the business, lead the way for continuous innovation, and shape the future of e-commerce.
If you are looking to make an impact, this is the team for you. You will not only have the satisfaction of seeing your work deliver results, but also help shape our engineering and product roadmaps. Change the world by accepting this Software Development Engineer role today!
Key job responsibilities
· Contribute to the technical direction of our offerings and solutions
· Work with many different technologies across the sponsored products organization.
· Collaborate with experienced cross-disciplinary Amazonians to conceive, design, and bring innovative products and services to market.
· Design and build innovative technologies in a large distributed computing environment and help lead fundamental changes in the industry.
· Create solutions to run predictions on distributed systems with exposure to innovative technologies at incredible scale and speed.
· Build distributed storage, index, and query systems that are scalable, fault-tolerant, low cost, and easy to manage/use.
· Design, code, troubleshoot, and support scalable machine-learning pipelines and online serving systems.
· Work closely with applied scientists to optimize the performance of machine-learning models and infrastructure, and implement end-to-end solutions.
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one software programming language
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Experience as a mentor, tech lead OR leading an engineering team
· Strong proficiency with Java, Python, Scala or C++
· Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
· Experience in building large-scale machine-learning infrastructure for online recommendation, ads ranking, personalization, or search, etc
· Experience with Big Data technologies such as AWS, Hadoop, Spark, Pig, Hive, Lucene/SOLR or Storm/Samza
· Advanced knowledge of performance, scalability, enterprise system architecture, and engineering best practices
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.