EC2 Networking builds and operates some of the most advanced networks on the planet; we are the backbone for companies of all sizes, delivered by our global software defined network.
One of the toughest challenges at our mega-scale is managing an ever-growing number of physical devices in a robust and automated fashion. Our customers demand and expect a network that is always available and redundant. As AWS continues its exponential growth, EC2 Networking needs your help to manage the growing physical footprint.
In EC2 Networking, you will observe the inner workings of Amazon's EC2 Network. You will see how a customer obsessed IP network is managed. You will become an expert in our platform, and aggressively drive the advancement of our technologies to deliver delight to our customers.
We have high standards for our network: our systems are highly secure, highly reliable, highly available, and must function at massive scale. Support Engineers are instrumental in deploying, operating, and scaling a massive always-on network that is core to all of AWS. We are looking for a seasoned Support Engineer to join our energetic, fast-moving, and passionate team.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- Directly Develop tooling, automation and services to manage large key components of the EC2 NEtwork
- Participate in all phases of the development of the EC2 Network; providing new hardware designs, manageability, operability, and performance perspectives on all aspects.
- Invent new approaches to manage EC2 Network key areas, data lake reporting, system and network health, performance monitoring tools, and software defined network management tools.
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as C++, C#, Java, Python, Golang, PowerShell, Ruby
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Information Science, Computer Science, or an equivalent in relevant work experience.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
- 3+ years experience in at least one scripting/glue language (e.g. Ruby, Python, Go).
- 3+ years experience with systems administration in a Linux/Unix environment.
- 5+ years experience with support procedures and methodologies for production computing environments including ticketing, metrics, and troubleshooting.
- Excellent troubleshooting and documentation skills.
- Able to prioritize and perform in complex and fast-paced situations.
- Highly motivated and passionate about creating a great customer experience.
- Deep understanding of computing systems and software architecture.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.