**Open to locations in Charleston, S.C. or Seattle, Washington**
The Amazon Books Operations Success and Engagement (OSE) organization is seeking an experienced Senior Program Manager. The successful candidate will be a key member of the Training, Launch and Content (TLC) team, which is responsible for driving high visibility, global programs that directly impact the agent and customer experience.
The role will focus on launch readiness for large scale and high-risk changes and new features of multiple books businesses. (i.e. Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle Managed Publishing, Author Central) The candidate will have a proven record of complex project and program delivery, from conception and design through implementation, measurement, closure and handover. Ability to manage multiple, cross-functional competing projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is encouraged. The ideal candidate sees around corners, is biased for action in ensuring the project/program is set up for success in achieving our goals, has experience making the right tradeoffs, and earns trust through broad stakeholder influence.
Key job responsibilities
• Be a singular owner of the project, managing all aspects of stakeholder engagement and deliverables from inception to launch.
• Scope and define CS operations requirements to deliver an exceptional customer experience, working with multiple global teams.
• Clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes.
• Liaise with all departments to ensure relevant areas are engaged in time to develop deliverables within their area to support project deliverables. Support partner teams to refine processes and increase efficiency in line with program objectives.
• Make appropriate tradeoffs to optimize launch timing in consultation with stakeholders.
• Managing multiple internal and external, cross functional and remote stakeholders.
• Track delivery against program objectives including performance metrics and implement proposals to improve program services and efficiencies.
• Communication both verbally and written across all levels in the organization (technical, business, executive).
• Develop change processes associated with program rollout and ongoing support.
• Assist the IPM Manager with program related responsibilities and improvement projects.
- 5+ years of experience in program or project management
- Experience using data and metrics to drive improvements
- Experience owning program strategy, end to end delivery, and communicating results to senior leadership
• Ability to quickly adapt to changing priorities and generate innovative solutions in an extremely fast-paced environment.
• Able to synthesize data and analytics to formulate sound program objectives and goals.
• Goal driven and target orientated whilst able to step back and look at the bigger picture.
• Demonstrated experience and success at leading cross functional programs and proven ability to influence and lead without direct management authority.
• Ability to communicate expectations and requirements equally well with business, technology and customer service teams
• Self-starter with strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines on multiple projects simultaneously with attention to detail (manage ambiguity; be prepared to get involved).
• Strategic thinking and methodical execution.
• Ability to identify risks and innovate, then drive resolution quickly.
• Experience in process improvement using Lean and Kaizen methods.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.