At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. Our success depends on building an inclusive environment that values talented individuals from all backgrounds. If you're passionate about building diverse teams and fostering diversity, equity and inclusion, this is your chance to make a difference. We are seeking an influential, highly motivated and organized Inclusion, Diversity and Equity (ID&E) leader to drive the ID&E strategy for AWS Utility Computing. This role reports into the ID&E Leader for the AWS Utility Computing organization.
Supporting VPs in AWS Utility Computing, you will be responsible for managing and driving the organization-wide strategy in order to build diversity, equity and create an inclusive environment that supports a global employee base. You will partner with recruiting, HR and managers to engage people of all backgrounds on ID&E programs. You will leverage data as well as anecdotal evidence to define and evaluate the success of program elements, and operationalize the strategies by providing monthly/quarterly ID&E business reviews. You will collaborate across the AWS global ID&E organization to align what we do in our org with global ID&E programs. This role requires the ability to influence leaders and team members across the globe, requiring that you are a collaborative individual who is able to both influence without authority and work with significant autonomy and ambiguity.
Preferred: Any US corporate office location.
Key job responsibilities
• Earn trust across a range of levels and disciplines; act as an ID&E subject matter expert by contributing perspective, insights, and knowledge and taking a balanced consultative and systematic approach to enable the organization to achieve measurable results.
• Operationalize monthly business reviews on status of ID&E goals on key programs and initiatives.
• Collaborate closely with HR, talent management, recruitment, and business partners, to communicate priorities, goals, and measures of success.
• Educate the business on ID&E topics, and advocate for marginalized communities in the industry. Consult on topics such as systemic oppression, racial trauma and other global frameworks such as intersectionality, unconscious bias, privilege, and colorism.
• Develop effective engagement with leaders through facilitation, and presentations on ID&E topics. Inspire leaders at all levels to drive prioritization of and commitment to ID&E goals.
• Drive culture change around inclusion and equity to attract and retain world-class diverse talent to be responsive to customer’s needs.
• Provide leadership coaching, when appropriate, to managers and Directors/VPs via one-to-one and group interactions.
• Proactively identify risks/issues, providing solutions, resolving risks/issues, and overcoming hurdles to drive results
• 8+ years implementing and reporting on ID&E programs and/or strategy
• 8+ years’ experience managing projects with multiple inputs and multiple stakeholders
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to earn trust and communicate, both in writing and verbally, at all levels and disciplines within and outside the organization
• Track record of analyzing and using data to drive decision-making and deliver business objectives
• Passion for solving tough challenges regarding ID&E
• Ability to work autonomously in a challenging and often ambiguous environment, with a proven track-record of delivering results
• Multi-national or global work experience and tech based industry experience
• Experience in a client-facing leadership role, enabling organizations to build and execute their ID&E plan to achieve measurable results, driving incremental progress towards long-term vision and goals
• Deep understanding of societal systems of bias, and ability to apply this knowledge to invent, evolve, improve, and simplify business and HR processes
• Experience demonstrating high judgment and working with confidential or highly sensitive subject matter
• Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and drive them to completion using project/program management tools
• Proven effective written, verbal communication, interpersonal skills; high quality document and report preparation
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $149,800 - $202,600 per year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.