Imagine helping customers use every service and feature (thousands of them) of the wide and ever-expanding breadth of AWS and you will only just begin to understand the complex and downright fun environment that AWS Support lives every day.
AWS Support is seeking an experienced Program Manager. In this role, you will be surrounded by people that are smart, passionate about cloud computing, and who believe world class support services are critical to customer success. This role will have direct influence on how thousands of team members within Customer Service, Sales and AWS Service Teams leverage tools, interact with customers, and engage with internal engineering team.
In this role, you will drive improvements specifically in AWS billing, implementing continuous improvement opportunities, while utilizing and improving existing methodologies. This role will work with stakeholders to guide the design, test, and deployment of cross-functional solutions to address defects. Key to success will be to take large, complex problems and break them down into manageable pieces, then ensure timely delivery of solutions. You will identify technical and resource options to successfully deliver and drive adoption of solutions; assessing cost-benefit ROI, identifying and mitigating risks, managing escalations, anticipating and making trade-offs, and balancing business needs with technical constraints.
AWS Support values diversity of thought and wants to grow by hiring people with a wide range of backgrounds, cultures, and experiences that allow us to continue innovating for complex problems. If you are interested in shaping the future of Amazon AWS Support organization, apply to learn more about this exciting opportunity.
Key job responsibilities
· Enables transparency and decision making across AWS leadership by providing communication and clear status of the initiatives you own.
· Brings expertise, problem solving skills, and creativity to add value to our team.
· Unifies distributed efforts and own the plan to deliver quality outcomes for our customers.
· Works across orgs to ensure we continue marrying internal support capabilities with best-in-class customer experience as new services and features are launched.
· Manages programs to continuously improve our organizational efficiency as AWS continues to grow.
. Promotes the use of lean principles.
- 5+ years of experience in program or project management
- Experience using data and metrics to drive improvements
- Experience owning program strategy, end to end delivery, and communicating results to senior leadership
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field. In lieu of degree, additional years of hands-on experience may be substituted.
- 5+ years of program management.
- 3+ year of experience in process engineering/continuous improvement.
- Practical knowledge and skill in the use of project management methodologies and tools.
- Proven experience in Lean, Six Sigma, Operational Excellence, or other related qualifications.
- Demonstrated experience managing complex projects from requirements definition through delivery of solution, including communication of status and results throughout the organization.
- Strong demonstrated knowledge across a broad spectrum of technologies, tools and architecture.
- Experience communicating lean concepts to a wide audience.
- Experience interpreting and communicating analytics.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $136,000-160,000 yr.; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.