Interested in Alexa ? Come work on it. We’re working hard, having fun, making history; come join us!
“Multitasking” is often used to describe computers performing multiple tasks at the same time. When it’s used in the human context, it describes the ability to juggle two or more different activities at the same time. Most people do it without realizing it, but can you imagine how an AI agent like Alexa will multitask in the future?
Voice-driven AI experiences are finally becoming a reality and Amazon’s Alexa cloud service and Echo devices are at the forefront of this latest technology wave. Our team is building solutions that define how Alexa will engage with customers in the future. Multitasking will enable customers to initiate multiple experiences, return to a previous experience from any Alexa-enabled device, engage with them simultaneously, switch between them as needed, and engage with Alexa across devices without losing context. We’re working hard, having fun, making history; come join us!
The ideal candidate is clearly passionate about new opportunities and innovation. The ideal candidate has a demonstrable track record of success in delivering new products in an ambiguous problem space. A commitment to teamwork, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements. Creating reliable, scalable, and high performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems. This person has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast.
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- 1+ years of experience in software development
- Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
- OO design/development skills and have experience driving projects from concept to prototype, and finally implementation
- Mastery of the tools of the trade, including a variety of modern programming languages (Java, C/C++, Objective C, Python) and open-source technologies (Linux, SQLite, OpenGL, Spring, Hibernate)
- Development experience defining, developing and maintaining web service API's
- Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality
- Excellence in technical communications with both technical and non technical peers
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.