Twitch is the world's biggest live streaming service, with global communities built around gaming, entertainment, music, sports, cooking, and more. It's where millions of people come together to chat, interact, and make their own entertainment.
We're about community, inside and out. You'll find coworkers who are eager to team up, collaborate, and smash (or elegantly solve) problems together. We're on a quest to empower live communities, so if this sounds good to you, see what we're up to on LinkedIn and Twitter, get interviewing tips on Instagram, and discover projects we're solving on our Blog.
About the Role:
The Mobile Commerce Team works on behalf of Twitch users to ensure they can financially support their favorite creators with as little friction as possible. As an Android Engineer in the Mobile Commerce Team, you will help us build and deliver new Monetization features in an Agile environment. You will work in a native app, used by more than a millions users each day, with modern technologies like Kotlin, RxJava, MVP and Coroutines. You will also have the opportunity to make changes to the backend services that power our systems. You will report directly to the Mobile Monetization Director.
• Develop and deliver new product features for our Android application
• Unblock Mobile projects by making small but necessary changes on backend systems
• Improve engineering processes and tools to increase the teams effectiveness
• Contribute to team planning and design discussions
• Work with teams and organizations to bring value to our creators, viewers, and advertisers
• 3+ years of application development experience on Android
• Strong proficiency with Java, Kotlin, and the Android development ecosystem
• Experience with backend services in Java, Go, Python, Ruby or Node.
• Experience explaining complicated technical problems to both technical and business audiences
• Ability to write secure, stable, testable, maintainable code with minimal defects
• Familiarity or Experience with In-App purchases on Android
• Familiarity or Experience with iOS development
• Familiarity or Experience with Android networking systems
• Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
• 401(k), Maternity & Parental Leave
• Flexible PTO
• Commuter Benefits
• Amazon Employee Discount
• Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.),
• Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
• Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, or other legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records