Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for a Senior Product Manager to be part of the Seattle-based AWS Partner Systems team in the AWS Partner Network. The AWS Partner Network refers to the vast community of AWS Partners provide professional services (APN Consulting Partners) or software solutions (APN Technology Partners) to customers to accelerate their adoption of the Cloud. Thousands of partners, customers, and AWS employees rely on products built by the Partner Systems team to discover partners, submit leads, manage opportunities, participate in AWS partner programs, share content, and build solutions.
As a Senior product manager, you will be a critical part of the PM organization that owns feature development and prioritization of the product roadmap, customer segmentation and demand generation for impactful new products. You will work across engineering, business development, and marketing leads to set strategy, define the product, and make the difficult, high-judgment trade-offs between features and time-to-market. You will partner with the technical leaders of the organization to ensure the programming model, scalability and reliability promises, and experience delight our customers. As one of the team leaders, you will play a key role in hiring additional team members the team, and help set the vision, values, and culture of this business. Further responsibilities include:
- Author documents relating to product life cycle including product roadmap, business requirements and functional specifications.
- Drive product development across teams (primarily Engineering, Operations, Product Management, Business Development, and Marketing) through business requirements, design, implementation, and deployment.
- Work collaboratively with Engineering as an advocate for the needs of our customers.
- Evaluate industry innovations and technology platforms and identify partnership and collaboration opportunities
- Dive deep into customer and system data to perform analysis
- Exhibit excellent judgment on how to prioritize between focusing features, architectural improvements and operational excellence
- Lead the development of reporting, insights and operational metrics that measure customer experience quality, and turn this data into insightful recommendations for the business
- Monitor project execution and ensuring that the project delivery is to the appropriate levels of quality and in line with target dates
Our ideal candidate will thrive in an ambiguous and fast paced environment, will have exceptionally strong written and verbal communication skills, and a track record of success in driving innovation, delivering results, and working cross-functionally with a wide variety of stakeholders. If you’re looking to join a dynamic, team in a high-impact role, working on a greenfield space, we want to speak to you!
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (computer science or engineering degrees). Master’s degree preferred.
- 5+ years of demonstrated full-lifecycle ownership of product development, with cross team and cross discipline execution, either directly or as an organizational leader.
- 3+ years experience delivering customer facing web applications
- Demonstrated ability to work and deliver across team and cross discipline across business development, account management, operations, and engineering teams.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with an emphasis on communicating technical requirements and solutions to internal and external audiences.
- Knowledge of latest trends and best practices in cloud based application development and tooling
- Dual education background - business and tech
- Success when working across a range of teams, including Engineering, Research, UX, Legal, Finance, and Marketing
- Knowledgeable in technology development best practices (such as Agile), and product management methodology
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.