We are looking for a machine learning engieer to contribute at the forefront of cutting edge machine learning.
If you are passionate about new technology trends in machine learning, cloud services and reducing the time and effort to develop and deploy machine learned solutions we would like to talk to you.
Every day will bring new and exciting challenges on the job while you:
· Learn and use advanced technologies
· Collaborate with internal engineering teams, leading technology companies around the world and open source community
· Evangelize deep learning technologies and services
· Create innovative products, and see them launched in high volume production
As a member of a science team in AWS AI, you will be working with cross-functional teams and customers to develop new AI features for AWS SageMaker. This position within the AWS AI team presents a unique and rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor within a fast growing business and help shape the technology, product and the business. A successful candidate will bring deep technical expertise in machine learning, desire to have an industry wide impact and ability to work within a fast moving, startup environment in a large company to rapidly deliver services that have a broad business impact.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Key job responsibilities
• Develop training algorithms for NLP and Computer Vision models that are scalable or that leverage small amounts of data.
• Investigate, design, prototype and evaluate technical solutions.
• Collaborate with scientists to build and deliver innovative solutions efficiently and effectively.
• Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules.
• Demonstrate technical excellence through the software development cycle
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
· Expertise in one of deep learning application domains: NLP, Computer Vision or Reinforcement Learning.
· Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operational Research, Statistics or a related quantitative field
· 6+ years of research experience in clustering, time series forecasting, predictive analysis or anomaly detection.
· Proven track record of innovation in creating novel algorithms and advancing the state of the art
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.