Amazon Game Studios (AGS) is seeking a seasoned QA Manager to partner with our development studios and QA teams to bring immersive and engaging gaming experiences to Amazon’s customers everywhere. You will own end-to-end software quality of one or more games; optimize QA processes to reduce risk and improve efficiency in product development, deployment, and sustainment; partner with peers to make quality practices a core part of every discipline; hire and develop great talent; and advance team capabilities in test automation, tooling, and innovative QA methodologies.
At Amazon Games, we believe that games will produce some of the future’s most influential voices in media and art. We believe the evolution that began with arcade communities, a quarter at a time, growing to the live streams and esports of today, will continue to a future where everyone is a gamer and every gamer can create, compete, collaborate and connect with others at massive scales. If this sounds exciting to you, please apply to join our diverse team and help us create amazing experiences!
Inclusive Culture, Work/Life Balance, & Career Growth
We embrace our differences and are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We offer ten employee-led affinity groups with 190 global chapters, innovative benefits, and annual and ongoing learning experiences (including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences). Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance and offers flexible working hours. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. Additionally, our team is dedicated to supporting you with mentorship and pathways for ongoing development. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and are building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and promotes career choice.
Key job responsibilities
The selected candidate will lead one or more QA teams focused on Internal Studios or Amazon Publishing initiatives. You will be responsible for ensuring the team has the correct strategy, resourcing, and capabilities to deliver our title requirements through each stage of a product’s lifecycle. The ideal candidate will partner with our internal and/or external development teams as well as AGS producers, marketing leads, community, customer service, and player research team to deliver the best experiences for our customers.
- 3+ years of experience in overall software QA/test experience; 1+ years as a manager
- Proven experience in building and managing a test team
- Demonstrated experience developing high-quality test plans and test reports
- Experience shipping 1+ products (guiding them from initial planning to a customer-facing release)
- Knowledge of QA methodology and tools, software testing standards, methods and conventions, and the product development cycle
- Leading QA teams overseeing backend or central services and technically complex products
- Passion for and knowledge of video games and digital entertainment
- Strong people management skills, with proven ability to hire and grow talented tools developers and test engineers
- Experience working closely with development and business teams to communicate problem impacts and to understand business requirements
- Experience driving technological and process innovation
- Proven success in communicating cross-functionally and across management levels
- Experience with “games as a service” (GaaS) or “live games” (e.g. ensuring highly-reliable online features, supporting ongoing updates)
- Experience with DevOps development practices, and contributing to continuous integration and risk mitigation
- ISTQB (or equivalent qualification) a plus
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.