We are looking for an Economist to work on exciting and challenging business problems related to Amazon Retail’s worldwide product assortment. You will build innovative solutions based on econometrics, machine learning, and experimentation. You will be part of a interdisciplinary team of economists, product managers, engineers, and scientists, and your work will influence finance and business decisions affecting Amazon’s vast product assortment globally.
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, you know how to deliver results fast, and you have a deeply quantitative, highly innovative approach to solving problems, and long for the opportunity to build pioneering solutions to challenging problems, we want to talk to you.
Key job responsibilities
* Work on a challenging problem that has the potential to significantly impact Amazon’s business position
* Develop econometric models and experiments to measure the customer and financial impact of Amazon’s product assortment
* Collaborate with other scientists at Amazon to deliver measurable progress and change
* Influence business leaders based on empirical findings
* PhD in Economics or Finance is a must
* Post PhD experience in private sector, academia, consulting or government
* Experience with programmatic scripting languages for data analysis (e.g. Python, Stata, R)
* Experience applying empirical techniques in reduced-form causal analysis and/or machine learning
* Ability to distil and communicate relevant scientific insights to senior business leaders
* Strong research track record
* Deep experience and knowledge of experimentation, and of specific causal inference techniques (e.g. instrumental variables, differences-in-differences, synthetic control)
* Demonstrated ability to leverage data and/or models to drive organizational impact and change in a private or public sector context
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.