Are you excited by the disruptive potential of quantum technology? Do you want to help businesses understand the challenges and opportunities of quantum computing (QC) and develop new practical use cases?
The quantum computing specialist team based in Seattle, WA is looking to hire a Quantum Applied Scientist with significant experience with quantum computing hardware and/or algorithms. Quantum Computing is a technology that holds promise to be transformational in many industries. To help our customers on this journey we are looking for a candidate who will work with academic, enterprise and startup customers to architect advanced solutions leveraging AWS Quantum Computing services, collaborate with service and business stakeholders, and grow the AWS quantum computing ecosystem.
The ideal candidate will possess a combination of scientific background and a strong drive to solve practical problems using quantum computers in the cloud. The candidate will have the technical depth and business experience to easily communicate the potential and challenges of Quantum Computing, multiple hardware platforms and frameworks in the AWS cloud to scientists, managers, and engineering teams. The candidate will also collaborate with customers and internal research teams to solve complex problems and publish results. This requires deep familiarity with state-of-the-art approaches to quantum computing, as well as target use cases using HPC and ML in the cloud.
This is an opportunity to be at the forefront of science and technological transformations.
Key job responsibilities
- Architect advanced solutions leveraging AWS Quantum Computing services, working closely with our customers to deeply understand their business needs and to design technical solutions that take advantage of the AWS Cloud platform and Quantum Computing services;
- Demonstrate the viability of each solution through mechanisms like proof-of-concepts or prototypes;
- Publish research results obtained in collaboration with internal research teams or customers in journals and conferences and AWS blogs to promote AWS Quantum Computing services;
- Evangelize AWS Quantum Computing services and technologies by developing compelling audience-specific messages and tools (product videos, customer success stories, advanced demos, how to guides, etc.);
- Gain recognition and credibility as a presenter, panelist and keynote speaker for multiple internal and external workshops and conferences;
- Collaborate with AWS field sales, professional services, training and support teams to help partners and customers learn and effectively use AWS Quantum Computing services;
- Collaborate with internal teams to define the product road map, market positioning and developer program initiatives.
About the team
You will be joining the quantum computing specialist team. We are the in-house experts in quantum computing who work with customers to find new use cases of quantum technologies, promote the use of the Amazon Braket service, and push the boundary of knowledge by developing new large-scale scientific applications that have broader commercial use. Our team members deliver for customers by publishing blog posts, research papers, and giving high-visibility talks at premier workshops and conferences.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we provide an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about employee career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded applied scientist and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- PhD in a quantum computation related field (Quantum Physics, Quantum Chemistry, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics) and a proven academic track record with publication history;
- 5+ years of experience with Quantum Computing including strong quantum hardware or algorithm domain knowledge;
- Demonstrated ability to gain insights that drive new technology use cases in quantum computing and suggest service improvements that can be adopted by the business;
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with multiple teams and thrive in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- 3+ years of experience using gate-based quantum computers (superconducting, ion trap, neutral atom, photonic qubits, etc.), analog quantum simulators, or annealers;
- 2+ years of research experience with quantum algorithms that have practical applications in chemistry, optimization, or machine learning;
- Strong knowledge and industry experience with distributed systems, and service-oriented architecture;
- Experience with cloud computing and or related fields (IT, software, etc.);
- Experience with sales engineering to Fortune 1000 and/or Global 2000 organizations.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.