Kindle Unlimited is Amazon’s digital reading subscription which offers members all over the world access to millions of titles across eBooks, audiobooks, comics, magazines, and more. Prime Reading is the flagship reading benefit for Prime customers. We are seeking a Senior Manager, Product, for Subscriptions Content. This leader will oversee the global selection strategy for both of these major reading programs globally, which encompasses management of a content and product team as well as strategic and operational leadership of content payment models.
In this multi-functional role, you will be responsible for enhancing the content we offer across these programs in all locales. This requires developing strong partnerships with product, content, and finance teams globally, while managing global content efficiency metrics and a content acquisition team.
The role’s responsibilities include: (1) defining product strategy for Kindle Unlimited and Prime Reading selection; (2) overseeing content acquisition team, who manages publisher negotiations and content strategy; (3) building global mechanisms to ensure all WW content teams are able to improve the selection for their respective customer needs; (4) delivering cutting-edge content science tools to further enhance the prediction and measure content performance.
* 10+ years of relevant experience in product management, content licensing, consulting, or finance
* Bachelor's Degree in economics, business or other related field
* Experience working closely with engineers, designers and data scientists to build premium customer-facing features and services
* Experience in managing multi-functional teams
* Ability to define and deliver a growth-focused, innovative product roadmap that delights customers and drives business growth
* Experience in media licensing models, evaluation metrics and deal terms; ability to understand and devise new models
* Thought leadership and best practices on content management in subscription programs.
* Experience with analytical tools (e.g. SQL, R and Python)
* Experience converting insights into strategy and communicating complex ideas clearly and logically in written communication
* High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
* Business and technical savvy that drives collaboration with all levels and disciplines within the organization
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.