Project Kuiper is an initiative to launch a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide low-latency, high-speed broadband network connectivity to unserved and underserved communities around the world.
Key job responsibilities
- Work with our peer teams and customers to design suitable software systems, tools and interfaces to fulfill the mission needs.
- Collaborate with team members to form a strong foundation and best practices for software development in Project Kuiper.
- Help on-board and mentor new team members.
- Help build tools to support high performance infrastructure used in Kuiper labs.
- Help build Operational Excellence with focus on monitoring of managed resources & infrastructure.
- Help build automation and self-serve tools to streamline operations.
Export Control Requirement
Due to applicable export control laws and regulations, candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
A day in the life
SDEs working on Kuiper Enterprise Engineering systems & infrastructure are at the forefront of supporting the hardware & electrical design teams in delivering the systems and solutions that are used by millions worldwide. We build tools that increase productivity and promote development of innovative products that will solve real world connectivity problems.
About the team
Have you envisioned an opportunity to develop core infrastructure services and tools for an advanced global broadband telecom service via both space and terrestrial networks? The Project Kuiper’s Enterprise Engineering team is responsible for an end-to-end lab infrastructure used in the development of Low Earth Orbit satellites, customer terminals, ground gateways, Cloud services and terrestrial network infrastructure that connects into public and private networks.
These systems include on-prem high performance compute and storage resource provisioning and management, supporting hosted environments in AWS, networking infrastructure and building Identity and Access management solutions.
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related technical discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years delivering software in a production environment.
- Experience in developing distributed software systems in C/C++, Python on Linux.
- Experience with building large-scale, high-performance systems in a complex, multi-tiered, distributed environment.
- Experience working with AWS services.
- Experience with designing and developing performance optimized and highly available software systems
- Experience in developing for cloud-native environments
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor junior software engineers or software developers in all aspects of their engineering duties.
- Experience communicating with users, software development engineering teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features and technical designs.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.